First Kiss

I wrote this days ago and was too lazy to type from the paper sorry.

If you asked him, Riff would say he was very tolerable. Of course he was, he's Riff Aslanov, it was so easy to get along with him.

He was just sorta reckless, kinda stubborn, with a hint of hubris and some anger issues. But hey, everyone's got their ups and downs. though sometimes these traits went way too far.

Like today, when he basically damaged the whole training area of the Iskador. Not the most interesting story, but completely justified. He was even clumsier than Eron when it came to accidentally shooting with his bracer.

Now, he was stuck on cleaning duty with none other than the guardian of light. The only reason she was here was to make sure nothing more happened to the equipment and Solark armour (which was their most recent discovery on the ship).

Aoki was furious and he honestly did not blame her.

A not so small part in Riff's mind was pretty guilty for dragging her into this too. The whole hassle of the Wilder Islands (I think that's what it's called) was really getting on her nerves, and he really didn't want to burden his (girl)friend anymore.

It had taken quite some time but they were done and exhausted, not even bothering to go back to the sleeping quarters or the deck. They just sat in the middle of the training area quietly.

Yeah, Riff hated the silent treatment.

A usual angry Aoki would scream at them for a few minutes about whatever dumb thing they did. Then, she'd calm down (mostly) and roll along with whatever adventure it got them.

A completely quiet Aoki. That was not good news. And Riff really owed her an apology.

'Hey, um... I'm sorry.' He told her, finally breaking the zot-dang silent atmosphere.

'...'

Well, now that the apology was aside, he should really lighten the mood. 'But you gotta admit. That shot most certainly broke the record for how many times it could bounce.'

Aoki still didn't look him in the eye. Man, he messed up.

'Are you mad?'

'Yeah.'

Great! He got a response. Not the best there is but she wasn't mute anymore. It even looked like the light gormian was starting to relax too. Now, Riff could see a bit of tiredness in her expression, confirming his earlier thoughts.

He asked softly, 'You okay, then?'

Aoki let out a sigh, 'Yeah, just a little stressed lately.

Riff slowly inched closer, intertwining his fingers with hers. 'Would a kiss make you feel better?'

She chuckled, 'Maybe. It's-' She trailed off as the turned to look at him, Riff's face a few inches away from hers. He was smiling for some reason. 'Uh... huh...' It was Riff's turn to laugh a bit as he saw red creping into her face. 

'Was that yes? Or no?'

He could see the shift in Aoki's expression as she caught up to his train of thoughts. She quickly smirked at him, 'I don't know, have your pick.'

Riff came closer and in a heartbeat, his lips were on hers. Familiar redness came over his face and he started feeling silly all over. He was thrust into heaven when she kissed back.

He loved every second of it.

When they separated, Riff could vaguely recall his original plan to just kiss her on the cheek like usual but now, he was certain he liked this better. It went surprisingly well for a last moment change. Also considering the fact he never actually kissed like this.

Aoki then just leaned on his side after that and he decided he could melt right then and there.

'So? Any better?'

She laughed, 'I guess so.'

(Later on the deck)

Eron: Riff, you kinda look like that fruit finally poisoned you.

Riff: I'm fiiiiiiiiiiiine~