3. warehouse

Liam and Pandora stayed in an abandoned motel room for the night. After Pandora shifted them into their surroundings, practically making them invisible, the pair snuck into an unused corridor. Liam used his telekinesis to lift the keys from behind a snoozing receptionist, and the two found themselves in a nice room fit for a crew of four. 

"Are you turned on when I shift into an old lady?" Pandora called from the bathroom, noting the way Liam huffed in laughter. "Oh absolutely," He called back, sarcastically. His laugh was one of pure joy, something which Pandora relished every time she heard it. God, she was whipped. 

"What about now?" She queried, walking out of the bathroom. She had just showered, her hair dripping wet, but she had slipped on a silky champagne-colored dress that she had found in the back of the van. She wondered what the fuck it was doing there, but decided not to delve down that rabbit hole. 

Liam's jaw slackened when his gaze fixed on her, the boy sliding out from the desk he was sitting at. His eyes traveled up her body, then maintaining eye contact in hopes to retain some of his dignity. Small sequins had stayed on the material, like a bunch of constellations. 

He practically bolted up to her, grabbed her waist, and pulled her closer to him. Easily, Dora's hands weaved into his hair which she had attempted to cut for him. "You look amazing," He smiled, kissing her softly. At first, she let her heart squeeze with happiness - nobody had ever told her that. Then she leaned in to kiss him again.

"Why thank you, does this mean I can have an extra KitKat?" She asked, her crooked smile working its way on her face. "What a temptation you are, Dory," Liam shook his head with his signature smirk. She chuckled, pushing away thoughts of her childhood friend Henry. Henry used to call her Dory - he was the first to die from the pandemic. 

She changed into joggers and a hoodie which the two had effectively collected when raiding a supermarket, and then caught the chocolate that was thrown her way. She threw the curtains shut and turned on all the small lamps around the room, relishing in its large size. In routine, Dora quickly assembled her home-made alarm which consisted of a taut string along the floor by the door connected to a loud blaring fire alarm. 

Pandora made a quick note to disengage the alarm before they left before slipping under the covers of the bed. She sneezed with the dust that came off it. However, they'd slept in worse places, and the hammock was really beginning to take a toll on her spine. 

"No fucking way," Liam uttered from his place at the desk. Computer chips and printed paper scattered the desk - all the things Pandora has found whilst raiding the van. There were even mail letters in which Pandora learned all about the male billing issues. "What?" Pandora yawned, looking over at him. Her eyes zeroed in on the CD disks which also raided space on the desk. 

She held Zu's stuffed rabbit teddy under her arm, which she had found Ruby had packed for her before they ran from the League. Liam's eyes narrowed at the sight of it. 

"What is your beef with Mr Whiskers?" Pandora sighed, protectively covering the dirty rabbit from view. Liam just stared at her disapprovingly before continuing with his point. 

"The guys we stole the van from were tracers," Liam told her, his eyes wide. They were the color of spring leaves. Her favorite color. "Liam, Sweetcheeks, we figured that out from their guns and children-controller whee-wahhs that we found," Pandora referenced the high-pitched noise guns which only worked on the children due to their extended hearing range. 

"Stop being so sarcastic," Liam smiled at her, Pandora pretending she'd just been hit in the heart. "Well, guys who these tracers had just dropped off at the last warehouse where they are rounding up kids?" Liam asked, making Pandora raise her arched eyebrows. Her whole face relaxed in shock when Liam held up pictures of Chubs and Zu, holding numbers in front of their blood-splattered faces. She'd forgotten how much she'd missed their childish faces. 

There was a vibrant purple bruise on Chubs' cheekbones, suggesting that he had struggled to get away from the tracers and had been punished for it. Zu's hair was stringy, suggesting to Pandora that it was drenched in blood. Pandora, however, was conscious of the split lip and teary eyes which was presented on Zu's face. 

"I thought the League was protecting them?" Pandora's jaw ticked in anger. She placed down the plastic cup she was squeezing, fearing she might break it. Zu's eyes betrayed her, the fear echoing volumes through the paper. "Well," Liam cocked one of the guns they had found in the van, "Now we are going to protect them." 

...

The sun blatantly cascading through the curtain gap woke Pandora from her sleep. She groaned, stretching her back and smiling as her neck cracked. "Morning Sleeping Beauty," She blew Liam a kiss, patting his chest. He hummed, squinting his eyes before blinking to wake himself up. "You looked dead," She explained truthfully, snuggling into his chest. 

One of his heavy muscular arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer. "That is kind of what sleeping is like, well done, A star," Liam told her sarcastically, making Pandora roll her eyes. "You have attitude issues, let me take it up with your mother."

Pandora made some toast with the surprisingly working motel toaster, slathering their breakfast carbs in honey. Liam relaxed in bed, tired from how long he spent planning their warehouse takeover the night prior. "Oh sweet honey," Pandora sung an old song she remembered hearing on the radio, as she shimmied towards Liam. She placed the breakfast on the bed, kissing her boyfriend and practically lying on top of him. 

"I think, if the world wasn't fucked, I'd be a med-scholar," She thought aloud. "Really? I'd be a biker," Liam decided. "And you'd get into a bad accident and then the very beautiful, sexy, amazing Doctor would come and save you. Surprise, surprise, that Doctor would be me. so we would have met anyway," Dora nodded into his chest. Liam stared down at her, thinking about how much he adored every part of the girl lying directly on his ribs. 

"Might need Doctor Drakes in a moment if you break one of my ribs," He huffed, taking a deep breath as Pandora rolled off him. "I'm glad you're eating more," Liam told her mindlessly, remembering how thin she was when they first met. The Captain was sure to halve her rations due to her loud mouth in Camp Thurmond. 

"You are crazy," Pandora smiled as she scanned the plans to sneak into the warehouse. "Don't change for that," She pulled on running trousers and a tighter top.  Liam's eyes wandered to the scars which littered her back and abdomen. "You are beautiful. Don't hide from that."