prologue- cassius blows up a camp

CASSIUS DID NOT STOP, EVEN IF HE WAS RUNNING OUT OF BREATH, EVEN IF HE THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO FREEZE. He just continued going, running for his life. ahead of those that wanted him, they were yelling something intelligible. Must be a modern language, they were yelling.

He did not stop, he just continued running. He did not want to look back, he felt the bitter air prick his skin. It tickled slightly but he did not stop. He felt as if his feet were freezing and that his shoes would slip off and end up in the thick snow.

He only stopped when he knew they were stopping too. They stopped, many for a break and others to help others up. He looked back but kept running forward. Then, he saw something he would never see. They began retreating. Walking back from where the footprints were.

Cassius grinned, little did they know his little plan. He knew it would happen. Only three stayed. A blond with glasses, a Puerto Rican girl, and a Hispanic girl. They stared at him.

And he allowed them to walk close to him, until he firmly put a foot onto the floor and they stopped. "Come back, please, to our camp." The glasses boy pleaded.

"No can do, Jason." Cassius replied.

The Puerto Rican, Reyna, tried to step forward and take his arm, just to be kicked straight in the ribs and thrown backwards into the snow. "Hey!" Esmeralda yelled, she was the Hispanic girl, she helped Reyna up onto her feet.

"You should get back to your camp." Cassius began walking away. Then Esmeralda said through gritted teeth, "get him."

Cassius began sprinting, Jason and Reyna after him, he pulled out his tongue and zoomed away, leaving them in the dust. More like in the snow.

He was far enough for them to start properly retreating. And once they were far off, he grinned. He threw a match, and because Jason was using the wind, it caused the match to fly past them.

And the next thing he knew, the whole of their camp exploded into green fire.

A smirk appeared on his face, it was like a movie scene. He was walking away from the fire slowly.

"Don't mess with me."