iii. triple g ranch

CASSIUS FELT ROBBED. WHICH HE PROBABLY WAS. "There is no way you just dragged me to a ranch." Cassius said in disbelief.

"Triple G Ranch." Nico said, sounding impatient. Geryon asked them to wait and they have been waiting for AGES. "That's it." Nico said as he walked to the glass doors, Cassius followed him, eyeing the place.

Nico di Angelo came out of the glass doors onto the porch followed closely by Cassius. "Geryon, I won't wait for—"

Nico froze when he saw a group of ugly teenagers huddled together and talking with Geryom. Then he drew his sword. Cassius didn't know what was happening so he took out his Gladius in case he needed to defend himself, which he would with how ugly they were.

Geryon snarled when he saw it. "Put that away, Mr. di Angelo and Cassius. I ain't gonna have my guests killin' each other."

"But that's—"

"Percy Jackson," Geryon supplied. "Annabeth Chase. And a couple of their monster friends. Yes, I know."

"Oh right, that ugly blonde girl huh?" Cassius realised. Nico looked at him, "You know Annabeth?" He asked. "I know a lot of things, Di Angelo." Cassius answered.

"Monster friends?" Grover said indignantly. Perhaps offended to be called a monster.

"That man is wearing three shirts," Tyson said, like he was just realizing this really simple thing that was right in front of his face.

"They let my sister die!" Nico's voice trembled with rage. "They're here to kill me!"

"They aren't going to kill you Neeks. I won't allow them to." Cassius said, glaring at the group of ugly little kids and smirking at them with insanity.

"Nico, we're not here to kill you." The boy who was spying raised his hands. "What happened to Bianca was—"

"Don't speak her name! You're not worthy to even talk about her!"

"You were spying on us?!" Cassius yelled. "You ugly fat fucking cunt!"

"Well.. sorry?" The boy shrugged. "Sorry won't help your case, Perseus Jackson! Son of Poseidon!" He hissed in distaste.

"Wait a minute," blondie cut through their conversation and pointed over at Geryon. "How do you know our names?"

The three-bodied man winked. "I make it my business to keep informed, darlin'. Everybody pops into the ranch from time to time. Everyone needs something from ole Geryon. Now, Mr. di Angelo, put that ugly sword away before I have Eurytion take it form you."

Eurytion sighed, but he hefted his spiked club. At his feet, Orthus growled.

Nico hesitated. Cassius casually put his weapon away, staring at Geryon. He didn't know if blondie recognised him yet, but it shouldn't take that long.

Reluctantly, Nico sheathed his sword. "If you come near me, Percy, I'll summon help. You don't want to meet my helpers, I promise."

"I believe you," Percy said.

Geryon patted Nico's shoulder. "There, we've all made nice. Now come along, folks. I want to give you a tour of the ranch."

"Why am I even here?" Cassius wondered, painfully.

"Cause I dragged you here." Nico said.

"Fuck you."

***

Geryon had a trolley thing—like one of those kiddie trains that take you around zoos. It was painted black and white in a cowhide pattern. The driver's car had a set of longhorns stuck to the hood, and the horn sounded like a cowbell. Cassius figured maybe this was how he tortured people. He embarrassed them to death riding around in the moo-mobile.