Chapter Two

Chapter Two 

Starscream stayed well away from Wheeljack, the two like fire and oil when they got too close. Optimus insisted they all treat the wounded aerial with some form of respect, but Wheeljack was not part of the team and did not feel he had to abide by those rules. 

“Don’t touch it!” Starscream yowled from Ratchet’s med bay, the red and white mech attempting to mend the fussy Seeker’s broken wing. 

“If you pull away again I’ll break the rest of it off and you won’t need to worry about me repairing it! Hold still, slaggit!” 

Starscream whined, curling up on the berth like an organic cat, his optics full of worry as the medic took out some horrible looking tools...There was a soft “thump” and Starscream passed out in a heap on the medical berth. Ratchet raised an optic ridge, but got to work. 

“Remind me why we bothered to let him into the base?” Arcee snapped, turning to Optimus. 

“Every being deserves a second chance, Arcee. He belongs to no side, so therefore he is no real threat.” 

“He is a threat! Have you seen what these can do?!” Bulkhead demanded, taking Starscreams hand and splaying his long claws while he was sedated. “He’s far from harmless!” 

Optimus ignored it all, his good spark wanting to believe that Starscream was no longer a danger to himself or his team. He knew there was a small chance it could all be some kind of trick, but one could never be sure. 

Wheeljack glared the whole time, leaning against med bay doors, optics narrowed. This was surely some kind of ruse. Starscream was not to be trusted for a second. Deciding he had had enough, the mech returned to his room and slammed the door. He wanted nothing to do with the madness any longer. 

***

“You did NOT give him a room. Please tell me you didn’t do something so stupid!” Wheeljack shouted when he learned Starscream had been put in a normal room and spared from the brig. Optimus put up one hand to cease any more arguing, but Wheeljack would have none of it. 

“Wheeljack...” 

“I’m going to wring that little frag’s neck!” he snarled, bursting into the room where the recovering Seeker had been placed. 

Starscream didn’t wake even with the loud noise of the door opening, the only movement he made was to pull his huge blanket a little more over his wings. He looked purely innocent, curled up on the berth like a sparkling. 

“Frag it all!” 

Red optics opened at that, Starscream looking confused and bleary eyed as he glanced up at the intruders. Optimus grabbed Wheeljack and threw him back before the mech could strike and told Starscream to go back to recharge. Amazingly the aerial listened, flopping back down to rest. 

“You’re out of your mind!”

“You’re the one who’s screaming, Jackie...” Bulkhead pointed out gently, azure optics nervous. What was his  Wrecker friend thinking? Optimus wouldn’t think too highly of him if he tried to kill their new “guest.” 

“Starscream is a beast and nothing more! Finish him off before he kills one of us!” 

“He is hardly in the state for killing!” Optimus snapped, optics narrowed dangerously and meeting Wheeljack’s glare with the same silent challenge. 

“Fine. Whatever.”

“Hey, Jackie?” 

“Huh?” Wheeljack glanced down to see May was there beside his right pede, looking innocent as ever. 

“Can we go for that drive now?” 

“Sure can!” he purred, picking her up and turning away from Optimus. This would be a good way to get his mind off of the fight and Starscream staying in the base with them. 

“Miko! Let’s go!” Bulkhead called, finding she was playing video games with Raf and Jack. She came to his call and hopped into his open hand as he transformed and sped off. “Race ya!”

“Hey, no fair!” 

Wheeljack transformed and grinned when May laughed happily and hugged his steering wheel with surprise and he was off in moments. 

“Might want to watch what you grab in here, huh?” he teased lightly, speeding away after his friend. 

***

Starscream woke with a little whine, wing sore and leg throbbing. Stupid medic...With a huff he propped himself up halfway and sent a com link through to Megatron. 

-I have found what we are looking for. Permission to continue in the plan, Master?” 

-Do not fail me, Starscream-

-If I fail you, I die, my Lord. Fear not- Starscream purred, rolling onto his back to relax. Now all he had to do was gain their trust.