34. Home

34. Home (From "Beauty And The Beast")

Home should be where the heart is, I'm certain as I can be. I've found home, you're my home, stay with me.

.

Louis was a mess.

The whole boat ride home he was silent, salty tears streaming down his face as he looked out over the ocean, and occasionally down Harry's pale face.

The other three took it in turns to row, not asking Louis to help, as his arms were full with Harry's fragile body.

It took them a few hours, and it was nightfall by the time they reached the shore nearest the main camp.

The boat hit the sand and the four boys climbed out, Louis dragging Harry into his arms before they made their way up to the camp.

It was a long walk, and Louis struggled, but not once did he complain or even think of getting someone else to carry his love. No, Louis wanted to carry Harry himself, and keep him in his arms, as close to him as possible.

As they started up the steps leading to the front gates, they saw Pan standing there, waiting for them.

"Is he alright?" Pan asked, worry written across his face as the five boys came to a halt in front of him.

Louis didn't answer and just pushed past him, heading straight for the hospital wing they'd set up on the far side of the camp.

Liam sighed as Pan looked to him in confusion.

"He's alive." Liam told him. "But Louis found him unconscious and he hasn't woken since."

"He's really worried." Zayn added.

"We all are." Niall chimed in, and Pan nodded.

"Okay," he rubbed his forehead as he looked to the fairy.

"Tink," He began. "Is there anything you can do?"

"Yeah," Tinkerbell smiled in response. "I can heal him, I think. But might take some time for him to wake up."

"Alright," Pan nodded. "Go to him now, see what you can do."

She nodded and flew off after Louis, the other three boys doing the same as they left Pan feeling guilty for not helping to rescue him.

.

"Louis," Liam called out as he jogged across a large open space in the middle of the campsite, trying to catch up with him. "Louis!"

Louis didn't stop, he just kept walking, adjusting Harry in his arms as he stared ahead, his tears blurring his vision.

Then, he felt Liam put a hand on his shoulder.

"Louis," Liam repeated as they walked side by side. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Peachy." Louis answered through gritted teeth as a tear rolled down his cheek and fell into Harry's face. "Just peachy."

"Tink is at the hospital wing already." Liam continued carefully, not wanting to question him when he was in this mood. "She's setting up everything she needs so that she can start straight away."

"Okay." Louis replied, still staring ahead.

"It's going to be alright." Liam told him, and Louis didn't respond.

He wanted so desperately to believe him, but Harry hadn't made a move at all since they'd found him in the dungeon. So he just didn't know what to believe.

"We need to get him to the hospital wing." Louis said, monotonously.

At that, Liam let out a sad breath and nodded, silently walking with Louis as he tried to be as good of a friend as he could, given the circumstances.