5. True Knight

"I see one of  the princes of maekar's chair is empty." Dunk remarked.

"Id wager hes off drunk again." The maester offered. "Maekars heir daeron. We call him daeron the drunken though not near his father's hearing." He added. "the youngest boy was him as well with him as well they left Summerhall together but never reached Ashford."

"You think the boy got lost, wandered off from his brother?" Dunk questioned.

"His sister caught up with them and was furious, thats her, Vaera Targaryen." Dunk followed his gaze. She was stunning no matter how many times he saw her precious face. "She didnt want to be here, she was in a fit worried about her baby brother. Her father said he would show up, he always does you see. But the poor girl is in a right fit." Even with her facial features pinched with worry as she paced, her eyes scanning the crowd for her brother, she was still beautiful, still stunning, still had this radiance about her that made Dunk stand up and move towards her a step.

"Dont go near her, ser." The maester remarked. "She is a beauty but she's a spitfire." Dunk nodded sitting back down. "She is also a princess and you are just a hedge knight."

"We will see after the tournament what you all think of a hedge knight like me." Dunk remarked proudly. He watched her walked off a smile still on his face. But vaera was not happy when she found her brother harassing A woman. She shouldnt have been surprised.

"Leave her alone!" Aegon shouted.

"Fuck off stable boy." Aerion hissed giving him a shove.

"Aerion thats enough-" vaera demanded.

"Leave her alone!" Aegon shouted. But his voice was drowned out as the puppeteer was grabbed by Aerion.

"Vaera take mind im a prince." Aerion remarked

"Doesnt mean you can do whatever the hell you want , Aerion!" Vaera sassed. "Leave the poor girl be!"

"Dunk dunk dunk!" Aegon shouted running to find him. "The prince is- just follow me!" He begged. He didn't have enough time to explain. When they got there dunk marched up to the prince and his guards and push them off the puppeteer. She was shaking nervously.

Dunk pushed the prince back and he stumbled to the ground.  Dunk stepped on his wrist and kicked him again right in the mouth he might've kicked him to death right then and there but the princelings men swarmed him.

Aegon jumped uo cheering however. He loved when Aerion got his ass handed to him.

Dunk had a man on each arm another pounding across his back no sooner had he wrestled one for two more we're on him.

"You've loosened one of my teeth" prince Aerion mumbled his mouth was bloody as he pushed a finger inside "so will start by breaking all of yours" he declared.

"Enough Aerion you were being a dick." Vaera declared.

"Hmmm you look familiar." Aerion offered as they held down Dunk. 

"You took me for a stable boy." Dunk informed him. When they arrived much like Dunk had mistook aegon for a stable boy.

"I recall you refuse to take my horse why did you throw your life away? For this whore?" Aerion questioned. Tanselle the puppetter shook on the ground.

"Back the fuck off Aerion." Vaera snapped.

"Nothing more to say?" The prince went on "you bore me sir." he pooped in his bloody mouth again "get a hammer and break all his teeth out," he commanded "then let's cut him open and show him the color of his entrails."

"Aerion!" Vaera whined out.

"No don't hurt him." Aegon shouted. Godspeed good boy foolish boy boy dunk thought.

"Hold your tongue you stupid boy run away they'll hurt you." Dunk demanded.

"no they won't." Aegon moved closer "if they do the answer to my father and my uncle and my sister as well." Aegon declared hands on his hips. "let him go I said do as I say."

Dunk did not understand what was happening with the men's arms were backing away one by one and the crowd parted the knights dawned mail and helm.  with them a half dozen knights in arms with the targaryen red sigil  on their breast.

"Imputant little wrench." Aerion said to Aegon, spitting blood at Aegons feet "what happened to your hair?" Aerion demanded.

"I cut it off brother." Aegon answered "I didn't wanna look like you."

"Egg,"  Vaera declared running to her baby brother. "Aegon!"

"Hello Vaera." Aegon said leaning into his elder sister.

"Baby I have been looking for you". Vaera remarked dropping down her knees. Egg held onto her and Dunk smiled back at her from the ground. She was lovely up close too.

"Take him away." Aerion demanded. Vaera was too caught up in Aegon to notice dunk but Dunk was fixated on them.

Egg wasnt an Egg at all. He was Prince Aegon.

Dunk was confined to a cell while Aegon would be in a viewing box dressed in socks and silks.

"Egg," dunk muttered blowing his breath he had not been permitted to speak to egg since this soldiers contain him.

what did you think would happened? Dunk thought to himself, he had knocked down a prince's son and kicked him in the face.

Dunk could hear them at last the horns carried a roar from the crowd. Sadness filled him he would never get to compete now.

The hedge night was the truest kind of knight drunk, nd old man had told him a long time Ago. Other knights serve the Lord who keep them or from whom they hold their lands but we serve where we will for men whose causes we believe in every knight swears to protect the weak and innocent but we keep the vow the best I think.

Queer how strong that memory seemed quite forgotten those words perhaps the old man hit as well towards the end.