neighbour pt.3 (m.f)

In which Max knocks on the wrong door.

warning: angst

You and Max had tried in the beginning. You and her would facetime multiple times every week. But after about three months, it started to get harder to keep in touch. Max had found out about cameras, and was now busy with shoots and trying to make money off of it. You were busy with school work.

And so over time the contact between you and her faded away.

Max tried to text you from time to time, but you decided that it would be better for the both of you to end this.

It hurt you to stop talking to her. But also knowing that if she wouldn't have dropped out, you and her would have actually had a chance to really date. Even if it hadn't worked out, it would've been better, knowing that you at least tried.

When you and her stopped talking, you still liked her. Even though you couldn't see her in real life, even over facetime you started liking her more and more.

The question is, if you liked someone so much, then why would you stop talking to them so easily.

You had thought about this often. How could you have let her go? How could you?

Maybe if you had done things differently, you wouldn't have lost her.

But it was too late now. The damage had been done, and there wasn't really a way to turn things back to the way they were.

You would have to live with this.

It took you a long time to move on, but eventually you though you did.

You found this knew girl, her name was Kate.

You met her in your favourite coffee shop in chicago, which ironic enough, was Max's favourite too.

Though Kate was the best girlfriend you could wish for, Max still found her way into you mind sometimes.

You didn't want to keep remembering her. It had been over a year ago when you and Kate started dating, so there was no reason to feel guilty.

And yet you did.

---

It was now five years later.

You had just moved in to a new house in Los Angeles with your girlfriend about a week ago.

You had been wanting to live there since you were a little girl, and since it wasn't too far away from home, you thought it would be a good idea.

You were on your way to the grocery store, but it had been a hectic week so, you needed some caffeine in your system to get you going. That's why you decided to stop at a local coffee shop.

Since you had arrived, you had been eying this particular coffee shop, but you had been way too busy all week. You could finally check it out today.

As you opened the door a bell rang, letting the workers know there was a new customer coming in.

You ordered your drink and sat down in a booth. You still had some things to go through involving the new house, so you decided to focus on that.

It didn't take long for the door to open and the bell to ring again, but it wasn't the bell that caught your attention, it was the voice of the girl walking in.

Though you hadn't heard it in almost four years, you knew exactly who it was.

Your head shot up, to see Max's back facing you.