{16} In Need of Shipment

Third Person POV:

Will wanted to stay by Mike's side until he woke up, but he fell asleep a few hours later. He was sitting next to the cot Mike was laying on, with his arms on top of the bedding. His head was in his arms as he slept, and thankfully no one disturbed them.

When Mike woke up, Sage was in the room. He groaned and slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes with his fist. "Where am I?" He mutters as he looks around.

"Under a mountain," Sage responds, jump scaring Mike.

Mike yelped a tiny bit when he saw her, and his eyes flickered around rapidly, landing on Will. "What happened?" He asks, checking on Will to see that he was sleeping. "Who are you?" Mike looked up with narrowed eyes at Sage.

"My name is Sage," The girl says, placing a hand on her chest. "We tranquilized you because we thought you were infected."

Mike frowned. "Why would you think I was infected?" He asks.

Sage blinks at him, before she realizes what was going on. "..Our scanners glitched," She says slowly. "I apologize in advance for any caution or suspicion any of my friends give you."

"It's fine," Mike says. "Why is he asleep here?" The ravenette points down at Will.

"Well we brought you and your friends under the mountain, before separating you from them to conduct some more scans," Sage explains. "He wanted to see you, so my friend Zee brought him here. We explained the situation to him and he decided to stay with you until you woke up, but he fell asleep soon after."

Mike nods, looking down at Will. "Oh.." He says quietly.

"Hey, Sage I got news from-" Zia starts, walking in. She stops when she sees Mike awake. "Oh, you're awake."

Mike looks at her with a guarded expression. "Who are you?" He asks.

"I'm Zia," She says, waving a greeting. "Do you want something to eat while we wait for your prince charming to wake up?"

"Sure," Mike says, either not hearing or ignoring her statement.

Zia grins and gives him a thumbs up. "Alright, what do you want?" She asks. "We got a food shipment just yesterday, so we have a lot of food. I will say, stay away from the pickled plums," She shakes her head while sticking her tongue out. "Bleh, anyway, we have some sandwich fixings, do you want some? We have turkey today."

Mike blinks at her. "Alright," Mike says. "I'll have a sandwich."

Sometime during the conversation, Will woke up. "Oh, Mike, you're awaKE-!" He starts, yelping at the end because he raised his head, which was right in front(and I mean right in front) of Mike's. He yelps and falls backwards.

"Are you okay?" Mike says.

Will laughs nervously, glancing at the two girls before sitting up properly, albeit a step or two away from Mike. "Yeah."

"Welllllll..." Zia says. "I'll get the food. Will, you also want a turkey sandwich?" The brunette nods. "Alright, I'll be back in a moment."

Sage smirks smugly at Will from behind Mike, so the younger boy couldn't see.

"What mountain are we under?" Mike asks, looking around. "I remember we were on a cliff."

"The mountain next to the one we were on," Will answers.

Sage shrugs, turning back to the computer she was typing on. "Well, I mean, the mountain is technically part of this other mountain so it's technically one mountain but it looks like two," She says confusingly.