Part 3

It was day before break ended. Logan came back to PCA early knowing rivers gave him permission, he actually enjoyed the hotel he stayed in. It was shitty for sure but it was nice.

He knew no one was on campus because no one else was aloud, so he played guitar outside of his personal janitors closet that bought. Dean rivers discounted him on it out of sympathy though, he played the acoustic version of 'make your own kind of music' by Cass Eliot.

He had a lot of energy as he danced around the court yard with his guitar in hand, smiling like a golden retriever.

What he didn't know is that Dean Rivers approved of someone else coming early. And that someone watched him with curiosity, Quinn couldn't help but smile as the boy rocked. Thinking of the last time she's seen him like this, it was four months ago. He was with chase and Micheal in the lounge, sword fighting with pool sticks.

"I didn't know you could play guitar." He jumped, looking behind him wide eyed. Stumbling over his words.

"You um you never really asked." His voice was small, and lifted his head back squeezing his eyes shut. This was supposed to be his private time.

"What are you doing here? Thought you would be with your daddy?" He internally winced thinking of his dad, a longing to see him again. Wishing he'd talk to his son.

"Daddy brought me earlier you know because he has a big shot movie to film." She scoffed.

"What did he buy you for Christmas? A jet." He paused trying to think of something quickly.

"No he bought me a Golf cart." He stuck his tongue out childishly. It was silent for a minute as he sat down on a bench, laying his elbows on his guitar.

"What about you? What'd you do?" He felt like torturing himself, desperate to hear someone talk about their loving family.

"Oh I visited my parents and all my cousins came over! It was awesome! My parents gave me a record player with all my favorite songs on it. My grandparents surprised me with two plane tickets to go to Florida , to visit them in May. I miss them already, my mom has been non stop texting me since I left." She rambled on and on about her amazing break, it weirdly made Logan feel better. He figured it was because someone actually was talking to him.

She sat on the basketball courts floor across from him, still talking. But this was about her latest quinnvention.

"God your such a nerd." He smiled, laughing. She caught on to the tone of his voice, it wasn't malicious or anything. It was a teasing tone. "How are you failing history?"

"How are you failing every class?" She fired back.

"It's a talent and a chore." She rolled her eyes, letting her gaze fall on Logan as he looked into the distance. He was mystery to her these days, frowning at that thought she realized she might've missed the asshole. It had been less eventful in the group, no debates or arguments. Some would say that was a good thing but not when it was Logan Reese. Not when their was something off about his behavior.

"What other songs do you know?"

"What on my guitar? I know a lot I've been playing since I was five. I'm self taught." She tried not to show how shocked she was but failed miserably by the way he was laughing at her. "How's mark?"

"Oh Marks amazing, coming up on our three year anniversary.." She excitedly clapped, blabbing on about their relationship. And Logan sucked in every detail, glad they weren't talking about him anymore. She didn't need to know anything more about him.

After an hour of talking, she got up wiping her pants with the palm of her hands. Giving him a smile. "It was nice talking to you know. Surprisingly. I got to go work on my quinnvention it's the whole reason why I'm here."

"Good luck. I won't destroy this one." He joked making her glare at him, "No promises."

"Don't make me regret talking to you."

"Well apparently your gonna have to do it for thirty more days, so buckle up!" He swung his arm in a 'im so jolly' kind of way, with a sarcastic smile on his face.

As she walked away he felt the loneliness come back, suddenly grateful for the Dean making him tutor her.