Common Types of Pressure Gauges

There are many types of gauge, each of which is best suited for a specific task. The traditional round pressure gauge is one of the most common pressure gauges types. This is a very common handheld design. On the other hand, industrial process style instruments are suitable for more frequent use and heavy-duty applications. Next, we detail some of the most common pressure gauge types.

1. Analog pressure gauge

The analog micro make pressure gauge is a traditional type of pressure gauge. They use needles and mechanical internals to function. Accurate and reliable analog gauges are highly adaptable and can be used in many different applications. When using an analog pressure gauge, try to make the normally applied pressure approximately half of the full scale of the pressure gauge.

2. Digital pressure gauge

Electronic or digital pressure gauges are modern equipment. They usually have diaphragms and strain gauges. They are characterized by their digital display, this kind of small air pressure gauge makes readings easier to identify and record.

3. Differential pressure gauge

Differential pressure is a measure of one pressure relative to another. Therefore, the differential pressure gauge works by using two ports and measuring the pressure difference between the two ports. This kind of device that measures air pressure can be positive pressure or negative pressure.

4. Absolute pressure gauge

Absolute pressure gauges are designed to measure pressure relative to vacuum. This means that it will take readings under complete or absolute vacuum. As a result, the absolute pressure is always positive. Such an instrument for measuring air pressure is mainly used for barometers, altimeters and atmospheric or deep vacuum equipment.

5. Hydraulic pressure gauge

The hydraulic pressure gauge provides a higher pressure range. For some models, it may be as high as several hundred bars. The hydraulic gauge should be used with oil.

6. Atmospheric pressure gauge

The barometer is used to measure air pressure. These micro air pressure gauges are mainly used by meteorologists. They are useful to help predict weather patterns and provide weather forecast data.

For more information about device used to measure pressure of gas, please feel free to contact us!