{hide and seek}

~same day as the last chapter but a few hours later, just skipping some boring child tending~

Dani's POV-

"Miss Clayton, would you like to play a game with Flora and I?" Miles asked.

"Why not, we've got a bit of time before dinner." I shrugged.

"What kinda game?" I asked.

"Hmmm, Flora why don't you choose." He said.

Flora jumped at the opportunity and quickly decided she'd like to play hide and seek tag.

"Sounds good, who's it?" I asked.

"I'll be it, I'll go count here at the front door to 100." He said as he walked over to face the door.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Yup!" Flora said.

"Alright, one, two, three, four..." He began counting slowly. Me and Flora quickly running off to hide. Flora ran off towards the schoolroom and I ran up the stairs.

I found my hiding spot behind Miles's bedroom door.

Soon enough I heard his footsteps down the hall, they were coming towards me.

He entered the room humming a tune to himself. He looked in his toychest, behind the curtains, under his bed, and just as he was about to turn around to check behind the door, I made a break for it and began running down the hall.

He chased after me, laughing the whole way.

"I'm after you Miss Clayton!" He yelled.

"You're faster than you look!" I called back.

I slowed down a tad bit and let him finally catch me.

"Ha! I found you!" He exclaimed, proud of himself.

"Well am I first out?" I asked.

"Yup, and I'm off to find Flora now. You go wait by the door." He said.

~

After Miles found Flora they both came back to the door to get ready for me to seek.

I turned to face the door and began counting. I could hear both their tiny footsteps pound up the loud staircase.

"One hundred! Ready or not, here I come!" I called as I made my way up the stairs.

I first checked the broom cupboard, then Flora's room. I checked behind one curtain and before I could check the other, a small figure sprinted out from it and began running down the hall to the stairs.

"Ah! Flora I'm after you!" I yelled, chasing after her.

"You'll never catch me!" She laughed as she ran down the stairs, she quickly dashed off into the kitchen.

As I ran down the stairs after her, there was a loud crack and my foot got caught on something. Next thing I knew I was tumbling down the stairs headfirst.

~

Owen's POV- 

Just as I saw little Flora run into the kitchen laughing, I heard a yelp from the entry hall followed by a painful crash.

I quickly rushed to see what had happened and found Dani fallen onto the floor face down.

"My word! Dani! Dani, goodness what happened!?" I shouted as I carefully rolled her over. Hannah came hurrying out of the dining room to find out what was going on. 

"Goodness gracious! Is she alright!?" She exclaimed speeding to Dani's side. I leaned her up against my knee while Hannah carefully examined her injuries.

I turned to see Flora standing in the doorway of the kitchen, scared.

"Flora love, would you be a dear and go fetch Jamie from the greenhouse please? Miss Clayton just tripped is all." I said in a calm voice.

Flora nodded and ran out the kitchen door.

Hannah gently brushed back Dani's hair to reveal a large gash. She took a deep shaky breath.

"She's got to get to a doctor." Hannah said.

I nodded and quickly ran to pull my car around to the door.

~