Chapter 1.

July 2003;

"Ana!" I heard my dad call from downstairs. This weekend we're going camping! Haven't done it since before the twins were born, hell before I even got pregnant. Matthew and Brielle are with their father, Paul this weekend.

"Yes dad?" I said as I walked into living room.

"Do you have your stuff packed?" My dad asked. I smiled and nodded.

"My bag is by the front door. Is the four wheelers on the trailer?" I asked. He nodded, smiling.

I smiled and grabbed my bag. I walked outside to the truck and put my bag in the bed of the truck. Dad came out shortly after me and put his bag in too. Dad grabbed the cooler that was full of drinks and food and put in the truck, on the middle seat. Dad's truck is only a single cab and we don't want to put the cooler in the bed in case of bears.

"You ready to go Ana?"

"Hell yeah!" I laughed. We got in the truck and left to the Tacoma woods.

We arrived there about two hours later. We got the tent sent up and the four wheelers off the trailer.

"I'm gonna go riding dad!" I called out as I got on my four wheeler.

"Okay Ana, be safe!" Dad told me as he was setting up the grill.

"I will." I laughed.

"I mean it Anastasia!" Dad gave me a stern look.

"Yes sir!"

I was riding around for a bit until I came across a trail me and dad always go on. Our four wheelers can't fit on it so we always walk. I got off my four wheeler and started walking. All the sudden I hear a louder growl, I look up on a rock to see a mountain lion growling at me. I slowly back up and it jumps off the rock, growling. I take off running down the trail, towards my four wheeler. It took off after me. Fuck! All the sudden I trip over a rock. I quickly look behind me to see the mountain lion running towards me. Just then something jumped off a tall rock, pouncing on the mountain lion, biting into its neck. I froze. The figure got up off the mountain lion and looked my way, freezing when he saw me. I quickly stood up. I started backing away when the guy spoke, taking a step towards me.

"I won't hurt you." The guy told me, he had a strong southern drawl.

"You just killed that mountain lion. You saved me." I whispered in shock.

"Yes, that I did." The guy sighed.

"What are you?" I asked.

The guy sighed and looked down before looking back at me.

"I'm a vampire." I just stared at him in shock. There's no such thing as vampires, they're just made up.

"There's no way! Vampires don't exist." I said shaking my head. The guy chuckled.

"They definitely do sweetheart. You just witnessed one." The guy chuckled one again.

"Do you kill people?" I asked intrigued but also kinda scarred but for some reason I also felt like i could trust this guy.

He shook his head. "No, me and my family we only live off animals."

"So you won't hurt me?"

He smiled softly and shook his head. "Not at all." I smiled.

"I better get going." The guy all the sudden said as he turned to leave.

"Wait," The guy turned to look at me. "What's the name of the guy who just saved me?"

He smiled. "Jasper Whitlock-Hale, Ma'am." His southern drawl coming out strong.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Jasper. I'm Anastasia Swan. Figured you would like to know the name of the person you just saved." I smiled.

"It's nice to meet you too, Anastasia." For some reason i liked the way my name sounded as he said it.

"Thank you for saving me! If you didn't save me, my kids would be motherless so thank you very much!" I thanked him with a smile. He looked shocked when I mentioned kids but smiled.

"You're very welcome Anastasia!" And with that he disappeared with lighting speed. I turned around and walked to my four wheeler. I got on it and went back to the camp site.

Jasper's POV;

I just saved the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. I was out hunting when I heard running and a mountain lion growl. I speed over to see a girl running and a mountain lion chasing her. I killed it before it could attack her. She thanked me and told me her name was Anastasia. Such a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I felt attracted to her, the need to get to know her, be by her, be with her, protect her was unexplainable. I rushed home.

"Carlisle!" I yelled when I got home. Everyone was in the living room as soon as I called for Carlisle.

"What son?" Carlisle asked.

"How could you?!" Edward said annoyed. I shot him a glare telling him to stay out of my head.

"What?" Rosalie asked.

Before I could I even say anything, Edward spoke up. "He exposed himself to a human while he was hunting." Edward growled.

"What?!" Rosalie yelled, death staring me. I scoffed.

"She was going to get attacked by a mountain lion. I saved the girl, Rose." I glared at her.

"You exposed yourself." Rosalie was pissed.

"I couldn't help it Rose! I felt like I needed to protect her. I feel drawn to her." I said getting pissed.

"You found your mate." Alice piped up. We all looked at her, she was smiling.

"What?" I was shocked.

"I've seen it. Jas, she's your mate. She's very beautiful. She also has kids who you will love as your own. You guys will reconnect at Forks high. " She told us, smiling.

"Wait she goes to Forks?" Emmett asked. Alice nodded. "Hell yeah, I'll get to meet my future sister-in-law soon!" Emmett cheered making Rosalie glare at him and smack his arm. I chuckled.

"I'm glad you have found your person Jasper." Alice's mate, Harold said looking at me.

"Thank you Harold!" I nodded to him.

"What's her name Jasper?" Carlisle asked me.

"Anastasia Swan." I told him, smiling remembering her.

"She's chief Swan's daughter." Carlisle said nodding.

"Wait, Swan? I thought Charles moved." Harold said lowly but we all still heard him, all of us looked at him.

"How do you know this Charles Swan?" Edward asked him. Usually Edward would just read our minds but Harold can block him out.

Harold looked at all of us and sighed, resting his arms on his knees, putting his hands together.

"Because I'm from here. My birth name is Harold Geoffrey Swan, I'm Charles aka Charlie Swan's twin." We all looked at him shocked, even Alice.

"Why didn't I know this?" Alice looked at him.

"Ali, we didn't talk much about my life before I turned. Plus I didn't think Charlie would still live here, last time I heard Renee moved to Arizona I thought maybe Charlie went with her but I guess not." Harold said. Alice scoffed and sped upstairs, Harold went after her.