bad decisions (Our flag means death)

Ships: Blackbonnet (Blackbeard x Stede Bonnet)

Für die, die das Fandom nicht kennen: Bin ganz ehrlich, ich bezweifle dass man irgendetwas versteht wenn man die Serie nicht gesehen hat. Dafür gibt es einfach zu viele Personen und zu viel Handlung. Schaut einfach die Serie, die ist süß, schwul und hat eh nur zehn Folgen. (Wenn ihrs trotzdem nicht lassen könnt, in den Kommentaren findet ihr eine grobe Übersicht)

Ansonsten für OFMD werden alle Oneshots auf englisch sein, weil die Serie halt englisch ist und man bestimmte Ausdrücke einfach nicht übersetzen kann.

Der Oneshot ist ursprünglich Teil 1 von zwei, deshalb das abrupte Ende. Ich wollte aber erst mal schauen ob das hier überhaupt OFMD Fans lesen, bevor ich weiterschreibe. Cheers ✌️

bad decisions

It was indeed a surprise. Oluwande was the first one to discover that the little man on the dinghy was, in fact, their Captain. It took a good ten minutes until Stede managed to get to the tiny isle his crew was left on, considering, as a Captain, rowing wasn't really his strenght. Stede sighed and rubbed his sore arms. He had a really bad sunburn and his muscles ached, hours of rowing in this little dinghy, alone in the sea really had freaked him out. His plain button-up shirt was uncomfortable and scratchy on his skin, that was used to silk gowns and light lace.

But worst of all, he had been alone long enough to rethink every one of the decisions he made the past few weeks, and every rude word of Chauncey Badminton. And how he died, shot in the right eye, exactly like his brother. Somewhere in his mind, Stede knew he wasn't responsible for either of their deaths. But he still felt guilty. Yes, it was mostly gravity that killed them, but still, he struck Nigel with that paperweight, didn't he? And that was by his precise deducation the main reason he fell face foward on the ground and shoved that damn sword through his eye. Besides, after all Stede Bonnet was a real pirate. And real pirates killed without mercy, like Blackbeard did...

Stede's thoughts wandered further in a direction he didn't quite like. In the direction of an attractive pirate with long, wavy salt and pepper hair. Well, Stede was quite sure he'd never cross paths again with said pirate. After the blonde left him just like that, without a word... He had chosen his wife. And that has been, most certainly, the wrong decision. Because he always tended to make bad decisions.

You destroy beautiful things. Chauncey had been right. He did. He destroyed his family, twice actually. First time when he left and second time, when he came back. The second time, he had to admit, he fixed it though. In a quite glorious manner even. A slight smile graced his face when Stede thought about how he managed to fake his own death. "An excellent fuckery indeed.", he whispered to himself, "fooled everyone. Oh, Ed would be proud." And with these words, the smile was gone. Edward must've hated him.

Stede looked up, finally arriving ashore of the island. "Hey, Captain!", Roach called. The crew assembled closer for a better look on their returned Captain. Stede noticed that three people were missing. Frenchie, Jim and Lucius. Wee John looked annoyed, and it seemed like he had a bandage around his... butt?

"Where are the others?", the blonde asked, only receiving shrugs. "Well-", Olu finally answered, "your boyfriend wasn't that pleased about your sudden absence." Stede winced with that sharp mark of sarcasm in the other's words. Now that was passive agression at it's finest. "Actually, he ordered that bastard Izzy to lure us onto this piece of nowhere and leave us here. They kept Jim tho, for obvious reasons." His expression darkened. "For Lucius and Frenchie, no clue where they are." Stede looked a little worried. Not for Jim, if someone on the crew would survive Izzy and his scum of a crew, it was them. But he rather cared for Frenchie, the quiet bard, and Lucius. How could he survive without his writer?

Stede shook his head. "I really don't want to get Blackbeard's attention, but if Jim- and possibly Frenchie and Lucius- are on his -well my ship-, we need to rescue them!" He looked at his crew with eager and motivation. "Captain.", Wee John growled rather upset, "We are starving. We don't have a ship and lost three people. I'm pretty angry about this, so you better tell us you have more than just this whacky dinghy." Stede nod, and then shook his head again.

"Unfortunately, the circumstances are not given-" He was interrupted by Mr. Buttons. "I vote for Wee John! He will make just a perfect snack~" Said sailor backed off. "Captain said we're not eating each other! Absolutely not!" Stede looked at him and then back at the crew, clearly confused. "How long did you say again were you staying at that deserted island?"