Milo

Sabrina and I like to get coffee in the mornings, whenever we've spent the night together. It's kind of a budding tradition between the two of us. Especially since there's a coffee shop right down the road from my house.

"So, what are your plans today?" Sabrina asks. We're currently sitting at my kitchen tables, with the coffee and breakfast we just bought from the shop.

"Not much," I say. "If you wanna just hang out with me, that's cool."

"Okay," Sabrina says. "I wouldn't mind that at all."

"Cool," I say. "I do have a few errands to run, but they're pretty light today."

"We can make anything feel fun," Sabrina says.

"True," I say. "I have to go by my parents house later, but they'll be happy to see you."

"I've met them a few times, and they've always been so nice."

"They're a really sweet couple," I say. "I've always looked up to them."

"Aww. That's so sweet," Sabrina says. "I look up to my parents' relationship too."

"I told my parents I was starting to see someone," I say. "I guess that's what the kids are calling it these days."

Sabrina smiles. "I told my brother and sister. Danny's dying for me to bring you to the restaurant one of these days, but that would be a little much. Everyone there is my co-worker. They'd all spy on us."

I chuckle. "Maybe we could meet him for dinner sometime. I'd love to meet your siblings."

"I'm sure they'll love meeting you too," Sabrina says. "Danny's wife Jane is super sweet too. They've been together for a long time."

"Do your sisters have significant others?"

"Cami has a boyfriend, but they're still in high school. Bella's been single for a year or two now, but she's been in Colombia for awhile, so I don't know what she isn't telling me."

"I feel like I've met Danny before. Probably at Andrew's graduation or something."

"Probably. I'm pretty sure our parents already know each other."

"Perfect," I say. "I bet it won't be long until we host a dinner party between our families. I don't know why, but I've always wanted to throw a dinner party once I've gotten a house. This would be the perfect occasion."

"That would be so cute," Sabrina says. "I have a great idea though. Danny and Jane always take their daughters to one of the county fairs up in Wisconsin. Maybe we could meet them up there and hang out. I was going to go with them anyway, so I think you should tag along."

"Sounds like a blast. When are they going?"

"Wednesday, I think. At five."

"I don't have to work Wednesday, so that's perfect."

"Yay!" Sabrina says. "It's going to be so much fun. You'll love my brother. He's pretty cool."

"It really means a lot to me that you want me to meet them," I say. "You obviously know how important my family is to me. I honestly don't know why some people make such a big deal about meeting each other's families, because it's completely normal for friends to meet each others families. Why should it be different for people who like each other more than that?"

Sabrina giggles. "I think so too. Plus, we've obviously already talked about the fact that we only want to see each other now. It just makes sense to meet families."

"I've never been the kind of guy to talk to multiple people at once. If I find someone I like, that's the person I like. I guess I've just always felt more comfortable in relationships than flings."