Sabrina

Watching Maren win the silver medal at tue World Championships was something I'll never forget. How happy she was, and how happy we were for her. This is only the start to an amazing career for her.

Once we got back from Toronto, everything got really busy. Milo and I had finals coming up, along with Thanksgiving and the holiday season starting.

The trip to Australia is happening for sure, so I went with Maeve, Reese, and Taytum to shop for the trip. We had a really fun day, the four of us, and I was really excited about one of the gifts I got for Milo. Christmas is coming up, so I've been slowly but surely gathering gifts for him.

"Alayna Strickland, I bought your birthday present today," I call, as I walk into the kitchen of mine and Laynie's apartment.

She's sitting on the couch watching tv, but turns around to smile at me. "I told you not to do that."

"Too late," I say. "I had to get presents for a lot of people. The Dolan's have a billion December birthdays, and it's almost Christmas."

"Don't I know it," she says. "By the way, I have something to tell you."

"Better not be pregnant," I say, walking over to sit next to my best friend on our couch.

"Nope, not pregnant," she says. "But Andrew told me something exciting."

"What?" I ask. "Taytum didn't say anything."

Laynie smiles. "Exactly. She doesn't know, but he's planning to propose to her once she graduates next semester."

I giggle. "She's finally gonna be our official sister in law!"

"I know!" Laynie says. "And then someday you and Milo will get married, and you'll be legally related to Taytum."

I laugh. "Don't you think it's too early to tell if Miles and I will get married?"

"Oh, come on. You've known you liked him for over a year, Sabrina. You two love each other. You'll get married."

I smile. "I hope so. He really is the perfect partner for me."

"I know," Laynie says. "He treats you really well, Sab. It makes me happy to see how good he is to you. You deserve that."

"He's coming over later. We're gonna watch a movie if you'd like to hang out with us."

Laynie shrugs. "I have nothing else to do tonight. Sam is in Europe now."

I purse my lips and grab Laynie's hand. "I'm sorry. I know you probably miss him."

"I do miss him," she says. "We haven't talked all week. I'm beginning to think this long-distance thing isn't going to work out. His schedule is too busy."

"I'm sure he'll come straight to you when he gets back," I say. "He loves you a lot, Laynie. Trust me, he does."

"What if he finds a super hot French or Italian girl? Or worse, a Spanish girl? Her name will be something close to mine, and she'll only be slightly more beautiful than me."

"Laynie, if it's meant to happen, it will. I have every reason to believe that you will end up in the situation you deserve. No matter what. And I always will be here for you."

Laynie gives me a hug. "I love you, Sabrina. You truly are my sister."

"I know. I love you too," I say. "I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have you."

-

Milo gives me a hug as soon as he steps foot into my apartment, both of us swaying back and forth before he kisses my lips.