Chapter-7 | 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖘

Target Vote:- 150+ to unlock the next chapter.

"Let's go, Varun," I mumble as soon as I reach our cars

"Let's go, Varun," I mumble as soon as I reach our cars. He nods and opens the door for me.

Varun is my newly appointed bodyguard three months ago. He saved me from an attack by my father's rivals. Daddy was impressed with his selflessness and appointed him as he didn't have any job then. Usually, Daddy always appoints bodyguards from the security agency but Varun has a strange attitude that might have made Dad change his decision.

I sit inside the car and Varun takes his seat in the front passenger seat. He glances at my neck now and then through the mirror making me uncomfortable.

I sigh, "Anything wrong with my neck, Varun?" I ask him, annoyed, having enough of his glances.

He shakes his head. "Sorry, mam."

I turn my head after a curt nod and close my eyes. Suddenly the humiliation I have undergone in college makes me feel ashamed of myself for not being able to be strong. Trying to forget them, I again close my eyes. Sirish kissing that woman flashes again causing my breath to go labour.

I place my hand on my chest and close my eyes trying to catch my breath. "Daddy... Daddy... Daddy..." I keep reciting until I feel comfortable again.

"Namra... Mam?" Varun places his hand over my knee. I open my eyes and swat his hand. "I am sorry," he quickly apologizes. "Are you okay?"

I nod, blinking my tears and gulping my sobs.

"Are you sure? I can stop the car or call your dad," I look up into his worried eyes, "Mam."

I shake my head, "It's not needed, Varun. Please drive me home soon," I mumble.

He looks at me for a few seconds and sighs with a nod.

We soon reach our home and I find already my inlaws and Sirish's cars. We have planned to stay at Dad's place for some unknown reasons although I am happy with it. I don't want to leave my father nor could I live a day without seeing him.

With a huge smile, pushing all the pain my college mates put on me, I walk to my daddy's room.

I push the door open and find Sirish already with Daddy helping him to lie down. What happened? Why does Daddy need help?

"Daddy?" I run to him and sit beside him on the bed, "Daddy, what happened? Why do you look so weak?" I cup his face, scanning his tired look.

His face splits into a grin and he caresses my hair, "Princess, I am fine. It's just that I need doctors for a few days because I am not able to do good with my health," he says with trouble, "How was your day?" Suddenly his eyes fall on my neck and he glances at Sirish. I furrow my eyebrows in perplexion but shrug it off when Dad sets his eyes on me again.

I hold his hand which is on my head, "Daddy, what happened?" Tears pool in my eyes seeing him goofing up to hide his vulnerability.

"He fainted," Sirish says when Daddy doesn't answer.