Chapter-49| 𝕭𝖆𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖞𝖔𝖚

Personal life? So fucked up in the initial days of the new year itself.

Do not disappoint me with the lack of support, dear readers. I have updated this chapter in between so much emotional trauma. So, understand and be generous.

Target Vote:- 234+

“How is this?”

“Namrata?”

“Namrata, look here!”

“NAMRATA!” Ayaan shakes me wildly causing me to jerk out the trace I have been in. “What happened? What were you thinking?”

“N-nothing,” I manage to flash a smile that he doesn't buy. “I was looking at the other models.”

“On the plain walls?” he mocks.

I sigh. “What were you telling me?”

“Is this design okay?” he asks showing the ring designs for engagement.

Those designs prick my heart and my fingers fist under the table as I caress my engagement ring, Sirish's great-grandmother’s ring.

“Okay,” I whisper blinking my tears.

He nods. “Pack them and deliver them to the address,” he orders the salesman of this jewellery shop and gets on his feet to leave. Once we are in the car, he asks, “What were you thinking?”

Should I tell him that I am thinking about Sirish?
Should I tell him that I am not ready for this?
Will Ayaan understand my heart or do I have to live my entire life like this doing things I don't like just because Ayaan did favours for me?

“Daddy’s health. I called him a while ago. Sirish was worried as he was handling a kid for the first time and Dhvani went home to give treatment. She injected him and my son might be sleeping now,” I whisper.

He sighs. “Why did you leave Dev with Sirish? Did you forget that he killed your father and attempted to kill your son when he was in your womb?” he asks with a slight irritation in his voice.

I squeeze my shoulders together and pull my lips in a thin line, “I don't know,” I blink the tears. “Trusting Sirish with our son came as an instinct. Like I didn't hesitate to make my son depend on Sirish. A sudden warmth to trust him and a belief that our son will be perfect with him even though sirish doesn't know his preferences, I didn't doubt Daddy’s safety.”

“Why are you letting him share your responsibilities, Namrata? You never allowed me! Why him, Namrata?” He is insecure. I understand it but I can't decipher the turmoil in my chest.

“When it is about Dev, I am letting him share the responsibilities because Dev is his son as much as he is mine,” I mumble, “At the end, I am becoming yours, right?” Forcibly.

He sighs and holds my hand, “I am scared you will go back to Sirish,” he whispers, “Not to deny, Sirish has the upper hand irrespective of the situation—”