s1e1 pilot

Claire and Phil Dunphy were in their kitchen, Claire making breakfast while Phil was playing a videa game, their three youngest kids were still upstairs, doing whatever they were doing, while their oldest Luna has already moved away from home to live on campus at her college, a two hour drive away.
"Kids breakfast!" Claire yelled however was ignored, she suddenly turned around from the counter with the just made salad and went staight into the open fridge door that Phil left open, "KIDS!"

"That is totaled," Phil started to say as he was looking at the spilled salad on the floor before he noted the look on his wife's face, "Kids get down here!" Phil yelled the order, deciding now would be a good time to help Claire before she gets mad. And just like that their second oldest, Haley came waltzing in with a phone in her hand as Phil went to sit on the table focusing back onto his game.

"Why are you yelling at us when we're way upstairs," Haley wondered, glancing at her parents, "Just text us," Was her helpful sugestion.

"Wow that is not happening and you're not wearing that outfit" Claire ordered seeing what her daughter was wearing, flashbacks running through her head as she remembered having the same struggle with Luna, not even counting herself when she was younger. Haley hearing what Claire said feigned dumb as she looked herself up and down in question before turning towards Claire. She already knew her mom wouldn't aprove of the outfit, her father however wouldn't even notice until he was asked of his opinion.

"Why? What's wrong with it?" Haley asked, like she already didn't know what her mom was going to say.

"Phil do you have anything to say about your daughter's skirt," Claire asked Phil, wanting him to bad cop, however Phil didn't get the hint as he turned to see what Haley was wearing.

"Oh yeah that's really cute sweetheart," Phil said

"No it's way to short, people already know you're girl you don't need to prove it," Claire corrected, before she turned towards Phil, "Don't forget to go get Luna from campus before we need to show up at Mitch and Cam's" Claire said, Phil nodding his head.

"Luna's coming back? why doesn't she come by her own car?" Haley asked looking at Claire who scowled at the mention of the car.

"Oh isn't that a good question, your sister's gone and gotten her car crashed yesterday in a parking lot, it's in the shop now" Claire commented, Haley gasped looking worriedly at Claire who had turned around to go get something from the fridge. Phil seeing the worry raise in Haley quickly reassured her.

"Luna's okay, the car was only thing hurt honey. And Claire maybe we shouldn't yell at her'about it again, she feel bad about it enough already" Phil adviced Claire who frowned before sighing and nodding her head.

In that moment Alex marched into the kitchen, her hair flying over her shoulder, "Luke got his head stuck in the bannister again," The youngest daughter and secong youngest Dunphy child informed her parents as she went directly to the fridge to get orange juice.

"I got it. Where's the baby oil?" Phil asked as he went out of the kitchen to help his only son and the youngest of the family.

"It's in outr bedside tabl- I don't know. Find it" Claire suddenly feigned clueless as she answered Phil's question, Alex gave her mom a confused look as she passed her.

~~~Phil  & Claire~~~

"I was out of control growing up. There, I said it." Claire told, " I just don't want my kids to make the same bad mistakes I made. If Haley never wakes up on a beach in Florida half-naked, I've done my job." Claire continued nodding her head along as she smiled slightly, Phil looked at her.