s2e1 the old wagon

~~~

When Luna was four years old, her little sister Haley was born, that's also the time her parents actually got together not that Luna remembered any of that. Two years later the Dunphy family welcomed the third sister Alex into the world, Luna was six years old, Haley was two years old. Luna remembered very faintly holding Alex with Claire's help. Two years later the youngest and only son of the Dunphy family was born, Luke. Luna being eight remembered getting to name her brother. She remembered picking a name close to her name because her eight year old self though it would keep them close forever.

Growing up Luna didn't pay much attention to what was happening with her little siblings, besides playing with them. Then Luna went to college and the year away opened her eyes. Luke often hung out with their dad the two being very alike and enjoying similar things. Haley and Luna were always close, the two being close in age and both having a like for art and shopping. When Luna moved out of the house the two called each other every night.
Alex on the other hand, well she was the smart one. Like the genious of the family, everyone knew the youngest Dunphy daughter would go far in this life. When Luna was a child she remembered the two enjoyed reading books together, her, Alex and Haley also used to have girls nights where they built little forts and gossiped, playing with dolls occasionally however no matter how much time they would spend with Alex the ugly green monster shoved itself whenever Alex shoved how smart she was. Haley and Luna feeling dumb sometimes resented their younger sister however it didn't stop them from loving the youngest, it only became problematic once Alex started to be mean about how much smarter she was than the two it drifted the sisters apart, not that the blame was only on Alex.

Now that it was summer break and Luna returned home for the break, she had started to accompany Alex to the library, it wasn't much but atleast it was astart. Alex being the first Luna admitted she wanted to try for a med school after college, Alex helping her pick pre med courses and making some sort of plan. Luna had pleaded Alex not to tell anything to their parents, she didn't want them to know incase she flunked, she had to study hard but Alex had decided to help Luna making thet two grow closer than they ever have been.

~~~

When Luna and Alex had returned home their mom had 'asked' them to help empty the old car that was now in the drive way instead the carrage where it has been since Luna could remember. Luna asking Claire had told her because they were going to sell it instead of it just sitting and rotting away.

"Mom, when was this from?" Luke wawed a picture.

"oh, that's the year your dad and I went to the Rose Bowl," Claire answered taking the picture to look at it.

"Incredible game," Phil chimed coming behind Luke with a fond smile.

"Yeah," Claire agreed still looking at the picture.

"Mom you look really pretty," Luke complimented, this made Claire reach her hand out and pat Luke's cheek.

"Thank you sweetheart," Claire thanked her son.

"So what happened?" Luke asked, Luna's head shot up staring at what was going to happen, Claire had opened her mouth to answer but Phil beat her to it.

"Well Lukey everyone gets older," Phil begun looking at Luke not seeing Claire's offended look, "Just cause parts of your mom aren't what they used to be, doesn't mean-"