12. The Benders

HIBBING, MINNESOTA

A young boy was watching TV in his bedroom. He heard a noise outside and looked out the window. A man was walking in a parking lot with two bags of garbage in his hands. The man threw the bags into a dumpster and started walking back to his car. He heard the same screeching noise and stopped. He got down on his knees and looked under the car. He saw something that horrified him and stood up quickly. An invisible force pulled him back to the ground, on his stomach. He was dragged under the car, screaming, until he was gone. The boy looked frightened and shut the curtains.

LIVING ROOM - DAY

Dean, Tasie, Levi and Sam were dressed as sheriffs. Ethan was in the Impala sleeping. They were talking to the boy and his mother.

"I know you're just doing your job, but the police have been here all week already," Mrs. McKay said. "I don't see why we have to go through this again. The more he tells the story, the more he believes it's true."

"Mrs. McKay, we know you spoke with the local authorities," Sam told her.

"But, uh, this seems like a matter for the state police, so..." Dean trailed.

"Don't worry about how crazy it sounds, Evan. You just tell us what you saw."

"I was up late, watching TV," Evan said. "When I heard this weird noise."

"What did it sound like?" Shannon asked.

"It sounded like... a monster." Dean, Levi, Tasie and Sam exchanged a look.

"Tell the officers what you were watching on TV," Mrs. McKay told her son.

"Godzilla Vs. Mothra."

Dean smiled and said excitedly, "That's my favorite Godzilla movie. It's so much better than the original, huh?"

"Totally."

"Yeah." He nodded towards Sam and Tasie. "They like the remake."

"Yuck!" Sam and Tasie glared at Dean and the former cleared his throat. Dean stopped.

Sam questioned, "Evan, did you see what this thing was?"

"No," Evan admitted. "But I saw it grab Mr. Jenkins. It pulled him underneath the car."

"Then what?"

"It took him away. I heard the monster leaving. It made this really scary sound."

"What did it sound like, Evan?"

"Like this... whining growl." Sam, Levi, Tasie and Dean exchanged another look.

"Thanks for your time."

INT. KUGEL'S KEG - NIGHT

Sam and Tasie were was having a beer at a table, looking at research. Levi sat across from them with Ethan. Dean was nearby, throwing darts.

"So, local police have now ruled out foul play," Sam said. "Apparently, there are worse signs of a struggle."

"Well, they could be right, it could just be a kidnapping," Dean guessed. "Maybe this isn't our kind of gig."

"Yeah, maybe not. Except for this—Dad marked the area, Dean." Dean came to the table and looked at their father's journal. "Possible hunting grounds of a phantom attacker."

"Why would he even do that?"

"Well, he found a lot of local folklore about a dark figure that comes out at night. Grabs people, then vanishes. He found this too—this county has more missing persons per capita than anywhere else in the state."