~a mask on every face~

As men and their families arrived, it hit her. She was going to actually have to look out for a suitor, so she sat far away from the door, but close enough to where she could see who was coming in. after sitting for a while in boredom and being greeted by many men, one in particular caught her eye. It was Christian. The man she had met earlier he walked up to her with a charming smile." Your majesty," he said, bowing. "Don't flatter yourself," orla said, blushing. he asked. If she wanted to dance, then lifted her hand before she could respond as they danced, he flirted quite a bit.
Wow, this man was head over heels for me, and I don't even know what I did, " orla thought to herself, forgetting the fact he could actually like her. while they were dancing, though,"she felt her hand being pulled away into another dance,"Darius!! what are you doing?" She said dancing." Isn't this how the dance goes? we switch partners?" Darius shrugged
"no Darius this is not how the dance goes," orla said, disappointed. when she turned around, she saw that Christian had already moved on. Orla walked away and sat down in a corner bored again, but soon after, she sat down with a young girl about her age came and sat next to her "boring isn't it?" the girl sighed.
her demeanor surprise orla usually girls would sit next to her and try to be as polite as possible but this caught her off guard "tell me about it" orla smiled. "What's your name?" orlas met her gaze.
"Vivian," she said, shaking orlas hand. "Orla," she smiled. Vivians skin was a dark chocolate color, and she had bright blue eyes, and her long, wavy jet black hair fell over her shoulders softly. "So who did you come with?" orla asked, "My brother Christian," she answered, " Christian?" Orla said with wide eyes leaning her head forward "Christian is your brother?" Orla asked, still in awe, but she could see the resemblance. They both had beautiful blue eyes and dark hair "Um yes." Vivian said with a sweet smile . "Right well, my father informed me your family would be staying the night, so I have to ask if you want to have a lady's night tonight."