Chapter 3

3. (Queen Hollie Stephens is in her study eagerly waiting for the arrival of her daughter who was to be crowned Queen in a little over a month)

Justin. *Knocks on the door*

Hollie. Come in.

(Justin enters the study and bows)

Justin. Your majesty.

Hollie. Justin. Welcome back. Is Josephine here.

Justin. Yes ma, am. Miss Crystal has taken Her Majesty to her room to get changed.

Hollie. How did she take it? How did she take Dominic’s death?

Justin. She was devastated ma, am. But she is fulfilling the promise she made to the late King.

Hollie. Good.

(There’s a knock on the door and Hollie stands up)

Hollie. That must be her.

Justin. Yes ma, am.

(Justin opens the door for Josephine. She walks into the room and Hollie goes up to her and immediately pulls her into a hug)

Hollie. Oh, my darling daughter. You’re home and you look so much more beautiful than the last time I saw you.

Josephine. Thank you mother.

Hollie. Thank you Justin. You may leave us now.

Justin. Yes ma, am. And officially welcome back Your Majesty.

Josephine. Thank you Mr. O’Sullivan

(Justin leaves and now it is just the mother and daughter)

Hollie. Welcome home. Have a seat. How was America?

Josephine. It was beautiful and amazing.

Hollie. I’m sorry we didn’t tell you about your father. It was your father’s idea to keep it from you. I do have this letter he wrote to you before he passed. You should read it but later in private.

Josephine. Thank you.

Hollie. Now, let’s discuss your coronation. You will have a five-day celebration. Starting the week with a concert by any artist you would like. Let’s start with that.

Josephine. Mother, may I play in the concert? As a treat to the country?

Hollie. That’s a wonderful idea dearest. Then day two will be festival in the kingdom with games and food.

Josephine. That sounds lovely.

Hollie. Day three will be the day you visit charities and the dinner with state officials and part of parliament.

Josephine. I always adored going to the children’s hospital and the orphanage to get to meet children that had special needs.

Hollie. I did too. Your father loved those charities.

Josephine. They hold a special place in my heart too.

Hollie. Well, then that’s settled. Day four will be a ball to raise money for those charities before your big day. Then of course day five will be the coronation with a reception ball to follow. Your coronation will be in a month’s time on September 21st. So, we will need to pick out decorations, color schemes, dresses, etc., by the time the both the ball and the coronation comes around.

Josephine. Alright, I will have Crystal and Taylor help me. Taylor is coming, right?

Hollie. Yes, Countess Taylor will be coming.

Josephine. She’s a countess now?

Hollie. Yes, she married Count Johnathan Arnold of  Denmark.

Josephine. As in the country?

Hollie. Yes.

Josephine. Is she happy?

Hollie. As far as I know, yes she is very happy.

Josephine. Well, I can’t wait to see her. Who else have you invited?

Hollie. King and Queen Liam and Amber Hamilton and Prince Jacob of Alorha.

Josephine. Jacob? I haven’t seen him in years. He was my childhood best friend.

Hollie. I know. That’s why I invited him. Baroness Francesca Perry and Sir Henry Bryant. I am hoping to betroth you to Sir Henry.

Josephine. Mother, I wish to not be betrothed please.

Hollie. Why dearest?

Josephine. Well, if I’m going to get married. I want to fall in love and get married. Not get married then maybe or maybe not fall in love with the husband that may or may not be in love with me. I want to fall in love like you and father did.

Hollie. Alright, fine. You may do that. Your father would always hope you would choose to marry for love instead of having me to find you a suitable husband. Anyways, that’s all I have. All of those I have invited so far that I just mentioned. Will be staying here with us in the palace.

Josephine. Alright.

Hollie. You will start on Queen paperwork and stuff like that tomorrow. You will be doing said Queen work in daddy’s study. Would you like me to take you there?

Josephine. No thank you mother. I think I remember the way.

Hollie. Alright well, dinner will be ready soon. Why don’t you go to your study and relax a little bit before work starts tomorrow.

Josephine. Alright. Thank you mother.

Hollie. Your welcome dearest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hey guys! I hope you are having a wonderful night! I'm watching Smosh right now. I hope you're liking the story so far.