Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Joshua and Emmet walked for what seemed like hours. However, Emmet felt much safer. Joshua, despite not how Emmet pictured him as, was very knowledgeable about survival and camping.

"We are about to step on the marshes. Keep your shoes on and follow my lead." said Joshua as soon as they came upon a swampy area. Joshua stepped on something hard that was floating in the dirty puddles, and he slowly walked towards another floating platform that looked like a lily pad.

"This swamp is well known for its treacherous lily pads. You don't know which one is hard as stone to walk upon. Luckily, I studied maps of this damn place and I know where to stand." said Joshua.

Emmet followed his steps and cautiously walked upon the hard lilly pads. When they crossed the marsh, they found themselves now deeper into a swampy area.

"This area is off limits. Imani made it into a law the year I became captain. This swamp is utterly dangerous." said Joshua.

"Then why are we stepping through?" asked Emmet.

"If we go across this swamp, we'll arrive at your flower fields much sooner." said Joshua.

"Okay." said Emmet, looking all around him.

"Good. You're looking at your surroundings. I like that. Keep at it. Don't let your guard down. This swamp can be deadly." said Joshua.

Within a second, once Joshua said that, the two of them heard a growl coming from behind them. Joshua pulled Emmet and ran towards a tree. The minute he did that, jaws were snapped right behind them. Emmet turned to see a large dinosaur like crocodile, scowling at the both of them.

"What the what?!" cried Emmet.

Joshua pulled out his sword. "My toothpick of a sword can't pierce the thick hide of this mother fudging reptile. But I do have something that can give this guy a one way ticket to dreamland." said Joshua.

He pulled out a vial from his pocket, which was skinny and had a purple liquid inside. He threw it at the face of the crocodile and the vial broke into a few pieces. The chemical in the vial spread all over the crocodile's face and closed its eyes.

Emmet looked at Joshua puzzled.

"Relax kid. I put him to sleep. Right about now, he's flying into the clouds in his mind." said Joshua. He got down from the tree and helped Emmet down.

"Is there more danger?" he asked.

"Yes. This crocodile doesn't compare too.... Oh shoot." Joshua said.

Emmet turned around to see two large ogres running up to them, holding large hammers.

"You hide behind the tree. I got this." said Joshua. As the ogres arrived, Joshua pulled out his sword and got into an elegant fighting stance. Within seconds, Joshua slid through the ground in between one of the ogre's legs, and quickly got on his feet to slice his sword against one of the ogre's back.

The large creature squealed in pain while the other one tried to hit Joshua. However, Joshua was quick on his feet. As the ogre swung his giant hammer, Joshua ran around the creature, jumped high into the air by jumping on the belly of the other fallen ogre and using his sword, he sliced on the top of the ogre's belly. The ogre squealed as well and fell. Joshua landed on his feet and then he told Emmet to stay put.

"Don't move." he commanded.

Emmet wanted to ask why until he felt a hot breath on his neck. Standing next to Emmet was a giant bat like creature. It had long fangs, giant wings and pointy ears. It was panting very fast, making Emmet freeze in fear.