86. LAST DAY AT WEDDING

I can't sleep no matter what. It's probably because I am not used to sleeping anywhere else than my home. I want to go home as soon as possible but how. My mother won't let me do that no matter what. Anyway, I didn't know that we had a villa in this village in the middle of the forest. Wait, can I the villa mine when it is not even mine? But it belongs to my father. But still, it is not mine. Oh God, I want to sleep. Sleep, Myra. Stop thinking just sleep. Myra sleep. Sleep Myra Sleep.

Sleep, Myra Sleep Mommy is here
Sleep, Myra Sleep Daddy is here.

Sleep, Myra sleep fairy is here.
Sleep Myra sleep ...Mandy is here ...

Who is Mandy? I am sure she is someone but who? Oh, she was that girl in my elementary school who used to steal lunch boxes. I hated that girl. Not that much though. But ... No! I have to sleep. If I don't sleep then I will be tired in the morning. I want to sleep no matter what. Just sleep, Myra. Or I can watch Insta reels but then I won't sleep at all...

IN THE MORNING :

" Are you awake? ", Mom.
Looks like I did fall asleep.

" I was not but now I am. Otherwise, I won't answer you, right?", I say sarcastically.

She doesn't say anything but hits me tenderly with her hand.

" Ok now get up and take a shower. ", she says.
" Do I have to? ", I ask.
"What are you talking about? Stop being lazy and take a shower .", she says.
" But what if I don't? We can find out what happens then. ", I say.

" I already know what will happen. You are going to stink all day and then we will not be allowed at today's venue. ", she says.

" Fine by me. ", I say and smile.

" Shower now!", she says with a serious tone and I had to get up to take a shower because I want to live a little more.

I don't want to shower but I guess that I don't have that much choice. No one asked me if I wanted to be born or not, and no one asked me if I wanted to be a human or an animal, yet I was stillborn as a petty human being who thought of nothing other than his interests. I was still born and  I will die even if I want or not.

Enough with this philosophical gibberish.  I should take a shower.

AFTER A WHILE :

The main event of the ceremony will be conducted today. Thousands of guests will be here, the groom will be here to take his bride away.  Many dishes will be served...
And the most important thing is that the main event will be held in our villa.

At least the villa won't be overcrowded. Oh, I can see those children who deserted me yesterday.

" You are that lady from yesterday. ", the girl.

" Yeah, I am. ", I say.

" Will you play with us once again? ", she asks.

" No. ", I replied not after how you left me all alone.

" Why? ", she asks.

" I just don't want to. ", and leave. I don't care what anyone says anymore I am not going to play with any child ever again no matter what anyone says.

-----+++------+++++-------

The ceremony started and the bride entered the main hall where all of the guests including me were sitting on chairs waiting for the bride. She wore a beautiful blue-white gown which represents tranquility and beauty in our culture. She sat on the golden chair placed in front of the hall.

After a while, the groom arrived and music was played like old tradition.

Nothing special or discreet. Well, now two people are tied together indefinitely for the rest of their lives. I don't think anyone else can be more strange than that. But I wonder if I will be able to do that ever. Well, I don't think so I don't think I will be able to live with one person for the rest of my life. I mean how can you trust someone so much that you can share your emotions and trust with them? I don't think I can ever do that.

Thankfully, the ceremony ended and now I can go back.

Where is my mom? There she is. She is standing there with my dad. I must admit that they kind of look great. Even while standing together in the middle of the hall they look like two pretty birds chirping together.  And I wonder: why do they love each other so much? I mean it's not like they are flawless or extraordinary. They are ordinary people after all. No, my dad is a billionaire. Most rich people always divorce after some point in their lives but they look so happy even after all these years. 

Well, I hope they remain like that forever.

" Mom, Dad. Let us go now. ", I say.

" Yeah, Lily let us go. ", Dad with pleading eyes.

" Fine but first you will have to come with me and greet all my relatives. ", Mom.

" But I already did that...", I say.

" No, you didn't meet with all of them. There are still many people out there who ..." Mom but before she could say anything I interrupt her.

" Fine but be quick. ", I say. 

" Aunt Clara. This is my daughter. ", Mom.

" Oh my. She is all grown up. " the woman says.

" Yeah, she is. But she is still stubborn like her father. ", I say.

" Uncle Michey, who is she? ", Mom.

" Your friend.", the old man.

" No, my daughter. ", Mom.

And this goes on for a while until they all wear me out because of their kisses and strange stories about my childhood. Not to mention a woman cries while looking at me.

" Oh Lily, I wish your father was here. But that unfortunate fellow died even before he could ask for your forgiveness. ", the woman says.

What does she mean by that? What did that man do?

" It's okay Charisa. I have already forgiven that man. ", Mom.

" You are a wonderful girl Lily. You always were. ", She says.

My mom looks at her and smiles. Well, I don't think it was that bad. Even after meeting with strange people who I don't know I feel like I kind of connect with them a little. Ironically coming here was not a bad choice.

-------++++++-----+++++-------

Maybe some stars are together
Maybe there is light in  that shelter

Maybe we are not so sad
Maybe life is not so bad ...
----++++----++++---------