Jealousy

"Y.N, wake up!" yelled her mother from the kitchen. There were both good and bad things about Y.N. The good thing was that she set an early morning alarm to give herself time to get ready. The bad thing was that the alarm woke up everyone in the house except for her sleepyhead self.

"Bro, wake up!" said Sohansh, her brother, barging into her room and throwing a book at her head. "Oh my god, what is your problem, mate!" yelled Y.N.

"What's my problem?!" yelled Sohansh back. "My problem is your loud alarm that rings every morning and never stops, and the fact that you have 7 ring as your alarm tone!"

"And the fact that your boyfriend is at the door, and mom gave him my last Nutella pack," he cried.

"Ugh, leave me alone. Wait, what boyfriend?" she said in confusion.

"Riyaz. You left your wallet with him yesterday, so he came, and then mom told him to have breakfast with us!" he explained simply.

"Ugh, what the heck," she yelled, suddenly hearing her mom's voice and footsteps heading towards her room. What scared her was that Riyaz was with her.

"Y.N.! Do you know what time it is?" scolded her mom. But Y.N. was too busy covering up her panda pajamas before the newbie saw them.

"How irresponsible can you be? You left your wallet at school. Luckily, your friend was there to get it!" her mom continued.

Y.N.'s gaze shifted from her mom to the newbie, who was holding back his laughter. "Can this day get any more embarrassing?" thought Y.N. in her mind.

As if the answer to her question, the alarm she snoozed 10 minutes ago started playing again. "I don't mean to brag, but I be like, 'Put it in the bag,' yeah, when you see them racks, they stacked up like my ass, yeah." She tried to find her phone but couldn't, and then she saw Sohansh sitting on her bed. She walked close to him, pushed him, and found her phone. She stopped the alarm and tried to fix her face, only to see her mom, brother, the newbie, and her dad laughing at her.

"Huh?! Dad, when did you come?" she asked.

"When I heard you lost your wallet. Do you think money grows on trees? Just go and pluck it, huh? Both you and your mom are money wasters," said her dad.

"What?" said her mom. "Oh, my bad," her dad said and ran from the door, but her mom went after him as if she would murder him, and her brother went for drama.

"Oh, Miss Head Girl, your music taste is so unique," teased Riyaz.

"Shut up!" yelled Y.N., but her alarm started playing again before she could turn it off. Riyaz took her phone and started singing with it. "Give it back!" said Y.N., trying to grab his hand to get the phone, but their play fighting made them fall on her bed, with him hovering on top of her! Instead of standing up, he smirked and whispered in her ear, "Who's in control now?"

Y.N. got so shy that she pushed him away and ran to her bathroom to get ready.

[Time skip]

They both walked to school together since he stayed for breakfast. He noticed everyone looking at Y.N. and getting scared. "Is this school a cult, and if it is, are you the leader?" asked Riyaz.

Y.N. knew what made him ask this but did not reply. She changed the topic by teasing him about his bad basketball skills, even though she was impressed by them. Rahul, who was watching from a distance, was jealous. He saw them talking and play fighting and couldn't contain his jealousy. As soon as Y.N. and Riyaz said their goodbyes, he went up to Riyaz and said, "Man, maybe I was too nice to you, but that doesn't mean you can flirt with my girlfriend!" said Rahul, furious.

Riyaz's heart dropped. He was mad at himself for falling for her and said, "Listen, man, I want no troubles. We're not even friends," said Riyaz.

"Then stop touching her!" continued Rahul, trying to push him but failing due to the size difference.

Y.N., who saw this from a distance, thought they were fighting and came towards them. But as soon as she arrived, Riyaz looked away and said, "Take care of your insecure boyfriend," before walking away.

Y.N. stood there, confused. Before she could ask Rahul, she was called by the principal, who also called Riyaz.

"Y.N. and Riyaz, it's good that you guys are friends," she said. "Y.N., youhave already set yourself as an example as a leader, but Riyaz, I see from your old school reports that you were the head boy as well," she said, leaving Y.N. confused.

"I feel like you guys should be the leaders on our fun trip tomorrow. Since I know you both can make good decisions, I don't have any problems with you two sharing a room," she said.

"Wait, sharing?!" said Y.N.

"Y.N., I know it's uncomfortable for you, but there will be a shortage of rooms, and I don't trust every student with sharing rooms," she explained before leaving.

"Great, I have to share a room with you!" said Riyaz. Y.N. didn't know why his behavior had changed, and before she could say anything, Riyaz walked away.

To be continued...

Author's note:

Ugh, I hate Rahul. Why does he have to be like a wall between the two of them? 😕

If you have any love instances you'd like to share, feel free to comment!