Kid. (2/?)

Mun woke up unusually happy.

Why was he so happy again? Today wasn't his birthday, so why was he...

Then he remembers.

"OH MY GOD," he thinks to himself. When he opened his eyes, he realised Hana was already up, since she wasn't in the bed. He looks at the clock; it read 6:00.

The boy jumps out of bed and sneaks into the living room to see Hana frying some eggs in a pan.

"Morning Hana~" he says in a yawn, quite quietly since Doyun was still sleeping. The girl turned off the fire of the stove and turned around. "Mun," she asked. "I wasn't gonna say this but I think I need to. You actually kinda cuddled me during the night. Don't worry though, you probably were dreaming about a girl you like, or I don't know." She looked back at the eggs, still heavily embarrassed about how this morning, she woke up in Mun's arms.

Mun was hesitating to tell her the truth, but he figured it was now or never. "Hana, you cuddled me first, while dreaming." Mun said in what sounded like a flirty tone. "And it's fine, you probably were also dreaming about a boy you liked~" He winked at the girl while she looked at him with the widest eyes.

"I did?... Shit I'm so sorry. I-" she covers her face with her hand, "I keep messing up when I'm around you recently and I don't know why."

She did know why, though. She literally has the biggest, fattest crush on this man.

Mun walked closer and closer to her, leaning himself on the kitchen counter, placing his hands on it on each side of Hana, surprising the girl, but she didn't move a single bit.

"I think I might know why. Tell me if I'm wrong through." He lifted an eyebrow confidently; he had the control on this one. He knew she liked him back, so he could tease at least a little before telling her it's mutual.

Hana took a deep, quiet breath, much calmer now. Mun's actions confirmed that what she doubted was wrong. "What's your guess then?" She played along.

"Do you perhaps like me?" Mun said with a very serious face, trying not to look like he's literally heard an "I love you, Mun" from her last night.

Hana got closer to his face, leaving millimeters between their two lips. "Can I show you if your answer is right instead of telling you? I know you're a practical learner." She was struggling to flirt back, but she was getting the hang of it.

Mun smiled to let her know it was okay to kiss him. He could see how meaningful it was to her to initiate it, so he waited. She then leaned in for the kiss, placing both her hands on his shoulders.

This kiss, Mun's first ever kiss, felt like when you enter a carnival and have the sensory overload of all the lights, scents and noises. Everything was perfect.

Mun brought his right hand to Hana's waist, then her back, rubbing it gently.

When both were out of breath after multiple, multiple kisses, they pulled back and looked at each other.

"Wow." Mun couldn't even say anything else. Hana smiled on one side of her mouth, giving Mun flashbacks of when she smiled at him the same way when she was treating his wounds a long time ago, the day before he met his parents.

"Bingo, lucky guess," Hana teased, placing her hands on his shoulders again. Mun was going in for a hug, but stopped right before, to make sure Hana was okay with it first. "We literally cuddled during the whole night and made out moments ago, why wouldn't I be okay for a hug, you idiot?" She laughed and hugged him tightly.

"I've never been this happy in a while, " Hana whispered, "all those dangerous evil spirits around, getting stronger everyday, they're making me sick. I never feel safe." She looked up at Mun and added, "but when I'm with you, I feel the strongest and the most courageous."

Mun made a cheesy smile.

"You're amazing, too, Hana. Don't ever forget that."

-

Doyun's parents arrived around half an hour later. Hana told them that their son was still sleeping soundly. The young counters left the house after receiving their thanks and the extra money.

Hana looked at the time on her phone. "We've got 3 hours before we meet the other counters. Do you wanna have a walk?"

"Sure! Can we just stop at my grandparents first? I promised them I'd visit after babysitting." Hana smiled. "Sure."

-

The two drove to Mun's grandparents. As they parked in front of the house, Mun tilted his head towards the house to tell Hana she could come in too.

"Grandpa, Grandma! I'm here," Mun shouted as they got in. His grandfather came to greet who he thought would only be Mun. "Oh and your girlfriend's here too! Hello, Hana."

The young woman smiled and bowed, not thinking much of it since she was now used to being known as Mun's girlfriend by his grandparents.

As the grandfather rushed to make some tea, Mun whispered into Hana's ear.

"So, are we, you know... dating now?"

Hana nodded. Wouldn't it be a little weird if they weren't, after the events of last night and this morning?

"So... you're my actual girlfriend now." Mun grinned and led her to the dining table. Hana then realised that the title of being "Mun's girlfriend" was now actually true. She hid her wide smile with her mouth as she sat down next to Mun... her boyfriend.

-

The two chatted with the elders for about half an hour, the atmosphere being much less awkward than the previous times Hana came over.

"We should go, now. We soon have to meet our friends," Mun lied. There were still about 2 hours left before they met the others, but both Hana and Mun clearly both wanted to have time alone before that.

-

The two were walking in a park near the noodle shop. Mun insisted to buy Hana her favourite ice cream flavour, since there was a little stand nearby. They walked down a pink cherry blossom tree lined street, petals falling down all around them. This was the most perfect first date.

Hana touched Mun's hand with hers, signaling to him that she wanted to hold hands. Mun tangled their fingers together and started to do this thumb rubbing thing, that gave Hana butterflies.

-

As they walked back to the noodle shop, Mun asked the most important question. "Do we... keep this a secret from the others?"

"I just know you're gonna spoil it at some point anyway, so we can tell them. Plus, I've resisted so much to not smile whenever you enter a room or do something cute." Hana briefly rested her head on Mun's should as they both stopped right in front of the shop. The boy kissed her a last time before grabbing his keys.

"Hmm." A familiar deep voice rang behind them. They both turned around to see Motak, Jangmul and Ms. Chu. "Aaand busted..." Hana sighed.