Kid. (3/3)

[  Note : because of canon events in s2, I'll need to precise that after defeating the main evil spirits of this season, in this story they re-bought the noodle shop :)  ]

-

As all 5 counters stood there in silence, Jeokbong came running, he was late. "What's... happening? Anyway I really need to pee. Mun please open the door." Mun nodded nervously and let his friend in.

"Get in, lovebirds," Ms. Chu patted the couple on the back after they stood there in silence for some time.

The 6 of them were sitting down at their usual table, Mun and Hana on one side and the rest on the other. Jeokbong, still clueless, asked. "Did they get in trouble? Did they fight a dangerous evil spirit on their own?" He gasped. "DID THEY KILL SOMEONE?..."

Motak slapped the babbling counter on the back an it followed and "ow". The older counter lifted an eyebrow, with a slight smirk on his face. "They were smooching in front of the shop as we arrived," he then looked at Ms. Chu, "give me the money, I've won the bet!"

Hana got up in a jolt. "Oh please don't say smooching- YOU BET ON US??" Mun pulled on her hoodie to tell her to sit back down. Jeokbong covered his mouth with both his hands dramatically. "Oh Mun, all the nights that you've constantly talked about how Hana might or might not like you back have ended. I'm so proud of you!-" He started crying.

"Well," Motak started, "you guys have our approval of course, but you're young so be careful. Don't get too distracted by dating, and... use protection." Mun nodded awkwardly as Hana scoffed and looked away in embarrassment.

Jangmul leaned forward on the table. "How did it... happen?" Hana scoffed again. "For fuck's sake can't we have some privacy? We just got back from babysitting a child, it's a hard job you know." She grabbed Mun's hand and they headed downstairs.

Mun accidentally entered Hana's memories... again.

-

It was a memory from this morning. Mun and Hana were in each other's arms on the bed. Hana slowly woke up. "Why is it so warm here?..." She grumbled and opened her eyes to find herself hugging Mun. She gasped, covering her mouth as she tries not to wake Mun up. The girl slowly moved and got up, covering her bright red face. "Shit shit shit shit shit!" Hana stormed out of the room.

-

Mun giggles. Both were heading to the training room to escape their nosey colleagues. Hana sat down on the couch, sighing, as Mun joined her.

Both remained in silence like that for quite a while, just enjoying the silence with each other. Hana then turns her head to Mun and he turns to look at her too.

"I'm glad we both feel this kind of love for each other," Hana kissed her boyfriend on the cheek and they enjoyed the silence once again.

-

EPILOGUE. Around 10 years later.

As the pair grew older, their love for each other never stopped growing either. They became great counters, being well known worldwide and in Yung.

-

The now married couple were at an adoption center. Yes, a child adoption center. Since Hana is very serious about her job as a counter, she didn't want to retire for 9 whole months, neither would she want to risk hurting the baby by working anyway. Both Mun and Hana did want a child though, so they decided they'd adopt one. They knew they'd give as much love to an adopted child than to a biological one.

The kids were all playing in this big, colourful room. All seemed happy, that made Mun smile.

One particular kid caught his attention, though. He was about 6 years old and had short black hair.

Mun played a little with the kid to get an idea of his personality: he was very outgoing and honest, but also very kind. He would make an amazing son. Hana joined them and asked, "what's your name, kid?"

"Doyun!"

Mun and Hana looked at each other, knowing exactly why this name sounded familiar. They knew, exactly at that moment, that he was the one that would make them parents.

THE END!