Chapter Eleven

(Aurora's pov)

After we are done, we wash our hands, and I call Hanna to find out where they are.

She picks up on the second ring.

"Hello," I say.

"Hello too. Where are you guys?"

"We're at the place we were yesterday, the milkshake place."

"Okay. We are on our way."

"Awesome, can't wait to see you both."She says softly.

"Okay. See you in a few. Byeee." I say and hang up.

I turn to find Luke looking at me intently, his eyebrows arched up as if imploring me to tell him what Hanna said, and so I do, I relay everything she said, and he seems excited to hang out with the gang, and somehow so am I.

I know Luke and I leaving them like that this morning was not nice, but if there is anything that my therapist taught me is that its important to put myself first sometimes and remove myself from situations that are likely to trigger my panic attacks and also from things that mess with my mental health.

It was sweet of Luke to join me, he didn't have to, but he did, and that means a lot to me for some reason. He even spent most of the day with me. It feels nice.

The last person to have my back like that was Levi, and no, I'm not saying that Luke is replacing him because that will never happen, but all I am saying is it's nice to have someone other than me who gets it and none the less a guy I met yesterday, it is so scary and yet it feels so nice and natural.

"What's on your mind?" Luke asks, breaking my train of thought.

"You, actually," I say honestly.

"Tell me more."He says excitedly.

"Just thinking about how I have only known you for a few days, and yet you have come through for me a lot, and I guess I am just thankful to have an awesome friend like you....Levi would have liked you." I say.

"I'm glad you feel that way, and plus, from the stories I have heard about Levi, he seemed like a dope dude." He says with a twinge of sadness in his voice.

Why would he be sad, though?

"Yeah, he really was," I say, but as the words are coming out of my mouth, they sound so low and come out as barely a whisper.

Luke notices my mood change and gives me a side hug for comfort.

Aaaww.

"So, how are we going to get to where the gang is?" I ask.

"Would you fancy a walk with me, milady?" He says while faking a British accent, and it causes me to chuckle because he sounds absolutely adorable.

"Why are you chuckling?" He asks, faking a pout.

"You look and sound so adorable," I say, letting out a small smile.

"I should be faking an accent more often, and you look cute when smiling." He says as he takes my hand in his, hands clasped together in a tight friendship hold; at least that's what I think it is, but I am really hoping you're all getting the picture, and it is sweet, the warmth radiating from his palms are so comforting, and I lean into him and place my head on his shoulder.

"You still have not answered my question." He says.

"I don't mind walking."

"Nooo... You have to match my energy, British accent, and all." He says, sounding sad that I didn't do it in the first place.