Blood Sweat and Champagne Chapter 16

Leo:

I sat in the dimly lit meeting room, a glass of champagne in my hand. Across the table was Asher, trying to convince me to reconsider our deal regarding the Grande Elite Hotel. A smirk played on his lips as he continued to tell me what to and what not to do when dealing with a hotel like the Grande Elite, now the funny part here is he actually thinks he can handle this hotel all by himself. He should know better that in the underworld there is no such thing as trust because if you trust you lose. He thinks I should trust him but he knows damn well that I don't care. But I am no one to break his bubble so I kept letting him talk about how good of a person he is to take care of my hotel.

As he spoke, I took a casual sip of my champagne, masking the seething anger within me. At least the champagne is good, "You like the champagne?" Asher asked, I looked at him through the glass rim and chugged the champagne down my throat. I placed the glass on the table and motioned him for a refill. I smirked as I saw him getting annoyed while pouring champagne for me but I know that he will do absolutely anything to get my hotel. He placed the glass in front of me and continued with his speech. I took the glass in my hand and played with it for a few seconds, I watched the liquor flow to the other corner as I tilt the glass, it was satisfying to watch the liquor flow to the side I wanted it to flow, if only I could do the same with humans. If only it was that easy. But with a gun and power that I have, I can make others bark like a dog, make them crawl around and basically do anything I want them to do.

"You listening?" Asher broke my rhythm, I continued to stare at the champagne. Asher scoffed and was about to say something but without warning, I hurled the glass towards him. It grazed his cheek and shattered against the wall, drenching him in champagne. He flinched and sank into his seat, fear filling his eyes. The glass shattered to pieces and a few even flew towards me.

I got up, straightening my suit with one hand while pulling out my gun with the other. I pointed it directly at Asher's eye, watching the terror in his gaze. "What- are... Le- Leo... what are you- doing- doing?"

"You should have thought about the consequences before interrupting my meeting," I sneered, my voice cold and unyielding. "You will never get Grande Elite, Asher, so stop wasting your time," I continued, "Look, after all I have done to get my hands on this building there is no way and no one who will be able to get this building. It is MINE." The fear in his eyes only fueled my amusement. As he closed his eyes, I could see him trembling in his seat. But I wasn't about to let him off that easily. I wanted him to remember this lesson. Even though he is my cousin it doesn't matter because like I said in the underworld there is no such thing as trust. No trust means no reason for others to think you care about them. You trust you lose.

In a calculated move, I fired a shot, hitting his hand. His screams filled the room, but I remained unaffected, blood was spilling like a waterfall. I put the gun back in its place. He continued to spout threats of revenge, but they fell on deaf ears. Asher was all talk and no action, always trying to gain the power he didn't deserve.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS MORETTI! You will regret doing this to me." He screamed covering his wound with his palm, his face was red as the nerve on his forehead popped. Funny. This is all so funny.

I leaned in closer, my smirk never fading. "I can't wait for the day when you actually do something on your own, Asher," I taunted him before turning on my heel to leave the room but stopped at his words.

"Amara, am I right?" he was breathing heavily, and the smell of blood sweat and champagne filled the room.
 Amara. How does he already know? Mother and Father haven't decided to tell the family members yet, they told they'll do it in a few days then how does Asher know about Amara?

I turned around completely facing him noticing how hard he is breathing his lungs are almost giving up on him or at least that's what was going on in his mind. He is scared, angry, ashamed...

"What about her?" The gun once again was in my hand, I played with the gun. Tilting it to the side and looking at it. The letter L in cursive on it, my initial.

"She will pay for your acts, Leo." he was on the verge of passing out or breaking down, either way, I didn't care.

"Okay, feel free to think that I'll just stand here and let you do anything to my wife." I pointed the gun at his forehead and trailed it down to his heart. His eyes were shut and he was shaking in fear. I smirked and put the gun back inside. I left the room not caring about the mess I created inside.

Outside, I calmly walked to my car, the adrenaline from the encounter slowly subsiding. I had made my point clear, and now it was time to move on to the next meeting. In this world, power was everything, and I wouldn't let anyone undermine that.

Asher would think twice before crossing me again, and anyone else who dared to stand in my way would meet a similar fate. The game of power and control was never-ending, and I was determined to come out on top. The only question I have right now is how did he find out about Amara?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~