I Love You [LuciferXHades]

Happy Birthday, Lucy!

I Love You

[LuciferXHades]

——

A smile spread across Lucifer's face as he stared down at the birthday card he'd found on his desk with little scribbled misspelled words in pink crayon and stick figures scattered all over wearing geometric clothing. On the back of the card in masculine stern cursive was happy birthday, father, with love from the Versilles Clan.

He closed the card and sat it propped up against the photos of his son, his wife, and their children on the second shelf of photos in his room. He picked up the last card, a heavily decorated card with Celtic knot-work etched into the coarse parchment, and on the inside was printed happy birthday, man from Cerberus and his family. He placed the card on the next shelf beside the family portrait Cerberus and Blaine had commissioned shortly after the twins had been born.

He'd grown accustomed to receiving birthday cards from Hades's children now, and a deep paternal instinct swelled with pride over children that weren't even his. He'd grown incredibly close to the Sons of Hades, even Theo, who had been a difficult little child in the beginning. Theo, as his brothers liked to constantly tease him for, was the baby, despite having two younger brothers. Without openly admitting it, Theo was a daddy's boy through and through, and knowing that someone else now had Hades's attention drove Theo insane for the longest time until Lucifer had finally cornered Theo —not an easy feat considering the redheaded demon child liked to dodge him at every turn— and explained the situation and his feelings for Hades, which resulted in a childish "ew gross" and "fine whatever".

Now Theo had even sent him a birthday card... a card made of snakeskin with gold scales and when the card was tilted at just the right angle, some of the scales flickered green and read birthday or something. It was amusing, and quite creative, so Lucifer had added it to the shelves in his room.

Shelves overflowing with family photos, birthday cards, graduation certificates.

Hades had often taunted him for it, calling him a pack rat and a sentimental nutbag. However, Lucifer knew Hades was just keeping up his protective front and would never admit to have an entire desk drawer dedicated to silly collections from his children, including a crudely made doll with a missing arm that had belonged to Theo as a child.

Yes, it would seem Lucifer wasn't the only sentimental nutbag.

Lucifer smiled at the thought of his lover, who had yet to contact him today. He wasn't too surprised. The Greek god liked to pretend he forgot because he was too busy, but in actuality, Lucifer knew Hades spent all day thinking about it before making his move.

"Looks like you got a pretty gift from everyone, except your gross bed-mate." A voice said snidely. Lucifer sighed, raking a hand through his blonde hair before turning around to see St. John coiled up in his snake form on the bed, his head lifted to pin Lucifer with reddish-pink eyes that spoke lengths of his judgment directed toward Hades.

"Just knowing that he's thinking about me is enough." Lucifer replied calmly, but St. John snorted and Lucifer briefly wondered... how did a snake snort? The angel shook his head at the snake and turned back to the shelves to admire his collection and the newest additions.

"I hope you go out with him," St. John said, in a more dryly spoken grunt, "That way I get the palace to myself." Lucifer smiled at that, turning to look at him.