Chapter 9: An Evening of Confrontations

Chapter 9- An Evening of Confrontations

x.X.x

After about half the day past, team 9 finally called their training session to end. Haruki promised to be in touch with each of the genin to check on their progress until their next training day. After a very stern reminder to Lee to not strain himself until after a full day of rest or he could potentially end his shinobi career, to which the bowl cut ninja gulp and nodded tightly, Haruki left the group. He told Gai as he left that he would meet him at Kurenai's place before dinner that evening.

It was a bit after noon and Haruki was already very tired from the seal he had placed on Lee, but there was work to be done. Haruki made his way to the Hokage tower hands stuffed in his pockets. The guards at the gate stiffened as he entered . Man, he would never get tired of that. He passed the hokage's office on his way and the old man's secretary waved at him with a sweet smile. He nodded with a tired one in reply. He finally got to his own office and opened the door to find stacks of paper everywhere, files amassed on the desk and drawers of various cabinets left open. In the center of the paper chaos was an identical set of red hair and cerulean eyes that looked up at his latest guest. Upon making eye contact, the doppelganger disappeared in a puff of smoke. Now this would normally be very alarming, however Haruki was a special case. Absorbing the memories of the clone took but just moment, and then Haruki strode into the room and using his non burnt hand deposited the envelopes given to him by Hiashi earlier that morning on the only clear space remaining on the desk. He sat down in his chair with a frustrated huff. There was just so much to do. After a moment to collect himself and a deep breath. Haruki created three clones to clean and organize the office while he took care of his first piece of business. The clones quickly busy themselves organizing the papers and files by type and importance while also cleaning the room and giving it some semblance of organization. While they were doing this, Haruki looked at the three files his clone had been perusing laying infront of him. Part of the benefits of being the head of a department was the right to an assistant/secretary. There had been many applications and right in front of him were the remaining three that his clone had narrowed the decision down to. His clone had already been through two of them and while they were both valid candidates had decided to go with the last simple because of the name on the file.

Haruki picked up the file marked Shiho and opened it. The recently promoted chunin did not have overly much in the way of skills but her mental prowess was on the level of Shikamaru. He knew just how amazing was from his own time. She had a been a huge asset especially after moving her out of the cypher division and into the general war council. Plus he had the add benefit of knowing she had potential learning sealing. Which was obviously a requirement for the position. The most important reason for the decision though was that he trusted her and knew she wasn't a plant from Danzo. He would of course be incorporate training in her for duties so that she could protect the secrets in the office and herself from those like Danzo. After a while, he could make her a project manager so that his projects were not stalled by his absence from the village.

Just as he was finished signing off his approval of her application and completed the relevant paperwork. A knock came from the door. Haruki looked up to see the door open and Shikaku standing there smirking holding what looked like two to-go packages. If the smell was any indication, it was Ichiraku's. Not realizing he had left the door open, Haruki raised a silent eyebrow as he motioned the man in; his clones clearing off the desk while they continued working sorting the various stacks and files elsewhere. Shikaku walked in, set the food down on the desk, and pulled up a chair. Once settled he opened up one of the packages and began eating what appeared to be a large pork ramen.

"Teuchi-san and Ayame-san send their regards." The scar-faced jonin says as he starts eating.

Haruki nods as he signs the last line of the document before putting it in Shiho's file and placing it to the side.