Chapter: 1 Alone

All right people, let's do this a bit differently this time.

My name is Miles G. Morales and for the last 6 months, I've been the one and only 'Prowler'. Being the Prowler, honestly sucks more than anything, I miss out on parties, hanging out with friends, and spending time with my mom, but I have a duty, right?

I used to have a person who I could truly find comfort in and someone who would be there for me when I needed them the most. He was the only person who knew about me becoming the Prowler, he trained me and helped me find purpose in this world. His name was Aaron Davis and he was my uncle.

Uncle Aaron died six months ago, shot dead by Wilson Fisk aka 'Kingpin'. Ever since then, I've had one goal in my life, and that is to find and kill Kingpin and dismantle the so-called 'Sinister Six' cartel. It's dangerous work but, I need to make sure this city is safe once and for all, and that people can sleep with peace of mind.

New York aint exactly a "dangerous" city, but it's definitely not a safe place anymore. The Sinister Six cartel for a couple of years now has had uncontested control of the city, even the D.A. is under their influence, so it's up to me now. Uncle Aaron and I used to steal from them whenever we had the chance, they feed off of the people suffering, so we would steal from them and give back to the people of New York. This city is counting on me.

I reached into my pocket, grabbing the front door key my mother had given to me a few months back. Turning the key in the lock, the door clicked before swinging open. I stepped in, took my shoes off, and walked towards my room, trying to be as lowkey as possible so as to not alert my mom.

"Dios mío Miles, what were you doing out this late?" My mom, Rio, yelled at me as she saw me trying to sneak into my room. He sighed as he heard his mother, slowly turning around to face her as he put his head in his hands.

"I'm sorry mami I was just out with friends," I said with a sullen tone.

"Were you out with Ganke again?" She asked.

"I have other friends than Ganke Mom," I said back to her sighing. Truthfully I was out doing recon as the Prowler, but I couldn't tell her that. Not yet at least.

"Then who?"

"Just some people I know from school."

"Miles I- I just don't want you getting involved with the wrong people. You know after your uncle-"

"I'm fine Mom" I replied cutting her off, I walked to my room and shut the door behind me. She would just never understand the things I do, or have to do. I don't ever want her to worry about me, she's been through too much after Dad died.

I through my shoes under my bed and thew off my coat, collapsing onto my bed. For a while, I lay there, on my back staring up at the ceiling lost in my own thoughts and exhausted after the day I had just had. I spent most of the afternoon zeroing in on one location in particular the "Rhino Casino" which was of course owned by the Rhino. The Sinister Six cartel had been using the basement of the place for a while now as a storage depot for the weapons they were moving in and out of the city. They had been selling them to the U.S. military, overseas militaries, or other big military corporations. These weapons they had been selling were coming from a variety of different places, Oscorp which was currently run by Norman Osborn the 'Green Goblin. Vulture Corp. which was run by Adrian Toomes the 'Vulture' and finally ELECTROnics run by Max Dillon 'Electro'.

However, I knew that there was something bigger going on. The entire Sinister Six cartel was controlled by Fisk, and knowing him, he was most definitely using Oscorp technology, and Otto Octavius' brains to do something much bigger. Whatever they were doing had caused multiple minor earthquakes and power surges throughout the city. It was dangerous, I knew that for a fact, and if they continued on like this they could potentially destroy the city.

For right now though, I had bigger problems plaguing my mind, more personal problems. Ever since I lost Uncle Aaron I've kinda just been on my own, my Mom doesn't and wouldn't understand what I do, Ganke is cool but he also just really doesn't get it. That's the problem, nobody gets me or the things I do, I just wish there was someone out there that I could talk to about all of this. But for right now, I'm just completely alone.

I grabbed my pair of headphones off my nightstand and began to drift off into the music, singing along as I did. This was the one thing I could truly find solace in, in a dark and scary world. One thing that could truly heal any wound temporarily and make me feel like all of my problems have just faded away before me.

Soon I had taken off my headphones, pulled the covers over me, and slowly drifted to sleep.

A/N: Short first chapter ik, but I was mainly trying to set the scene and introduce our main character and his struggles and problems. The next chapter will be similar, just instead of Miles it'll be about Gwen Stacy.