Chapter 4: Resonance

Third Person POV:

As Kingpin arrives at Osborn's estate, he forcefully swings open the two large front doors, causing a loud thud as they collide with the wall. He is accompanied by his two lackeys as they make their way towards Osborn who is standing in front of a large window, admiring the view of the city.

"Osborn!" Fisk yells, in a commanding tone to get his attention. With a slow movement, Norman turns his head towards him and gives him a smug look which is quite audacious. Fisk glares angrily, but ultimately relents and says: "I uh... We need your help with something"

"What do you need?" Osborn inquires, looking confused.

"There's a new Prowler in town," Afterwards, Fisk gives him a copy of the Daily Bugle newspaper that has the words: "New Prowler, Same old menace."  printed in large black lettering. 

Osborn merely smirks and mutters out "Fascinating... A copycat?"

"I believe so. I killed Davis a while back." With a perplexed expression, Norman gazes back up at Fisk as he speaks.

"What is it that you require of me?" Norman asked.

"I need you to look into this, figure out who he is, and stop him. He's onto us," Fisk says as he starts to leave. However, he quickly turns around and adds: "Also I'm gonna need more progress on the reactor."

"Wilson, we have already discussed this. I require additional time to ensure that the Tritium is properly installed."

"We don't have more time. I can give you more money but I can't give you more time." Norman glares intensely at Fisk as he says this. In response, Tombstone and Hammerhead respond by flashing their holsters at Osborn. 

Osborn relents and lets out a sigh before speaking. "I'll see what I can do but no promises."

Fisk grinned in satisfaction. "Excellent." As he walks out of the building, Norman is left standing there, completely bewildered.

"Shit." He mutters under his breath.

Gwen's POV:

I wake up in my bed after a long night. I stayed up for a while talking to my dad on the phone. He's not overly protective, but he still worries about me attending a new school. Upon looking at my phone, I realized it was only 7 am. This meant that I still had a couple of hours before my classes were due to start.

As I lay in bed, my mind began to drift and I began pondering about life in general. I thought about the previous day and Miles. There was something about that boy that was so captivating. It caused my heart to race as I pondered it. Since Peter's death, I haven't had these emotions for anyone else.

I shook my head in disbelief. After all, I had just met this guy.

Feeling drowsy, I got up from bed and changed into my school uniform. It was around 8:45, meaning I only had 15 minutes until classes began. Before class, I decided to spend my last few minutes scrolling through my phone. As I scroll through my camera roll, I come across a picture taken a year ago and can't help but stare at it. It was of me and Peter riding the subway, unlocking painful memories I had tried to hide in the back of my mind. As I was feeling vulnerable, a notification appeared on my screen. It was a text from Miles. As soon as I smiled, the sense of vulnerability that had just engulfed me vanished instantly. It felt like all my problems had disappeared at that moment

The text read:

hey u wanna hangout after school today?

I couldn't help but smile widely as I read it over and over in my mind, searching for the perfect reply. This was accompanied by an overwhelming feeling, of pure happiness, a joy I had been longing to feel for quite some time now.