Chapter 2: Ethereal Ties

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Draco's initial apprehension slowly gave way to genuine curiosity about Eddie and his spectral existence. As the days passed, he found himself seeking out the ghostly figure in the quiet corners of Hogwarts, drawn by an inexplicable pull. They would talk for hours, discussing everything from the intricacies of magic to the dreams and aspirations Draco hid from his peers. Eddie, in turn, shared stories of his past, recounting his days as a student at Hogwarts, revealing that he too had once been a Slytherin.

In this unlikely friendship, Draco discovered a side of himself he had never known before. He felt a sense of belonging in Eddie's presence, as if the ghost could see through his bravado and understand the loneliness that sometimes consumed him. Eddie, on the other hand, found joy in sharing his wisdom with someone who seemed so different from the typical living beings he encountered. He marveled at Draco's intelligence and courage, recognizing that the young Slytherin had depths beyond his outward arrogance.

Their connection transcended the barriers between the living and the deceased. They spoke of life and death, love and loss, and everything in between. Draco, usually guarded and reserved, found himself opening up to Eddie in ways he never imagined possible. He had never met anyone quite like the friendly ghost, who listened without judgment and offered gentle advice when needed.

As time went on, the bond between Draco and Eddie deepened, and they became each other's confidants. Eddie's ethereal presence brought comfort to Draco during times of stress and uncertainty, while Draco's friendship anchored Eddie in a world he had long left behind. Their unlikely companionship became a beautiful testament to the power of connection, proving that love and friendship could transcend the boundaries of life and death. In each other's company, they found solace, and their lives were forever changed by the unlikeliest of friendships.