III

"Kang Yerim, no, come back here young lady!" Irene scolds as her daughter crawls under the dining table, giggling mischievously while avoiding her mother trying to feed her applesauce.

"Seulgi, come get your child." Irene sighs exasperatedly as Seulgi only chuckles and crawls under the table as well, earning more giggles from Yeri.

"Honestly," Irene shakes her head fondly before she hears the doorbell ring, "Coming!" she calls out before making her way to the front door, finding Jennie on the other side with Jisoo in tow.

"Unnie!" Jisoo exclaims excitedly and jumps into her older sister's arms, Irene laughs and hugs her little sister back tightly.

"Did you bring Minjeong?" Irene asks curiously, causing Jennie to chuckle and turn around revealing baby Winter strapped onto her back in a carrier, cooing happily as Jisoo unbuckles her daughter from the carrier and hands her into the waiting arms of Irene, who beams brightly at the sight of her niece.

"You just get cuter by the day, don't you?" Irene coos lovingly, Minjeong babbles happily, gurgling as she suckles on one of Irene's fingers, causing Jennie to grin in amusement as the couple follows Irene inside.

"Hey guys!" Seulgi finally comes out from under the table, Yeri in her arms, giggling happily while her mother plants kisses all over her cheeks, "So what's up?"

"Jisoo wants to adopt someone," Jennie snickers, "And she's like twenty years old."

Jisoo pouts cutely, "But she's so cute!"

Irene glances at her sister curiously, "And she would be?"

"Her name is Park Chaeyoung and she is an absolute sweetheart!" Jisoo exclaims excitedly before launching into a spiel about Rosé, Winter babbling incoherently in her sister's arms.

"Ahh, Rosé right?" Seulgi pipes up, her monolid eyes in a squint trying to recall the hero, "Byulyi told me about her, little bit of a hothead that one."

Jennie nods in agreement, humming thoughtfully, "But she was quite mellow when I met her and I couldn't deny anything from my wife so..." she trails off with a shrug. The golden eyes of Yeri and Winter meet and soon both babies are giggling happily while Irene sighs fondly as Jisoo only chuckles, "Look at them being the bestest of cousins!" she coos.

Irene nudges her sister, "C'mon help me finish dinner." she murmurs and hands over Winter to Jennie who gladly takes her,

"Here that Winter? You might have a big sister soon," Jennie teases and Winter babbles again while Jisoo follows Irene to the kitchen, leaving Seulgi and Jennie with the children, both mothers grinning lovingly as they watch their daughters play with each other happily.

***

"Aish, this is so frustrating!" Rosé grunts as she chomps down on her fresh pretzel, pacing back and forth in front of Lisa, "Every Demon level monster is already preoccupied with another hero or taken out by someone else!" she exclaims exasperatedly before downing her soda.

Lisa who sat on a park bench watching Rosé pace around sighed softly, "Miss Rosé," she tries to reason, "maybe you should work alongside other heroes too?"

Rosé only scoffs loudly in response and stops pacing to lean against the park bench, "Other B-Class?" she snorts derisively, causing Lisa to frown at the sudden rudeness from her partner.

"I'm a B-Class." Lisa reminds firmly, crossing her arms over her chest, "And I have helped take out several monsters." she argues, causing Rosé to chuckle bitterly.

"You just got lucky." she retorts condescendingly, earning a scowl from Lisa who rises to her feet and stands face to face with Rosé.

"Lucky?" Lisa repeats incredulously as Rosé only continues to chuckle mockingly, "Then maybe we shouldn't even be partners then." Lisa challenges, causing Rosé to stop laughing immediately.