Dark curls

Wednesday approached her family slowly as they waited outside for her. Her father, Gomez, was the first to walk up to her. "Look at you, my little death trap." He awed as he admired the uniform Wednesday was now dressed in. "Seeing you in this uniform brings back so many terrible memories. Doesn't it, Tish?" He asked his wife as he put his arm around his daughters shoulders.

"Yes." Morticia stated in awe with a soft chuckle and a smile. "Why don't you boys wait in the car?" She asked Gomez and Wednesday's brother, Pugsley. "Wednesday and I need a moment." Gomez gave his daughter a small hug before smiling and holding his wife's hand as Pugsley ran up, grunting as he hugged her tightly but Wednesday remained stiff.

"Pugsley, you're soft and weak. You'll never survive without me. I give you two months, tops." Wednesday said but deep down she wished she could be there to protect him, again.

"I'm gonna miss you too, sis." Pugsley smiled slightly as he turned away with his father to enter the Addams family car.

Morticia stepped up to her daughter with a small stern look and a calming voice. "Any plans you have of running away end right now." Wednesday stares at her with her usual cold expression, despising every word that came out of her mothers mouth. "I've alerted all family members to contact me the minute you darken their doorstep. You have nowhere to go." She whispered the last sentence.

"As usual, you underestimate me, Mother." Wednesday blinked, her arms crossed as she spoke bluntly to Morticia. "I will escape this educational penitentiary, and you will never hear from me again."

Morticia sighed as a hurt flashed through her eyes before she quickly hid it, looking down at Wednesday. "You are a brilliant girl, Wednesday, but sometimes you get in your own way." Wednesday eyes her mother up and down. "I'm sure you'll grow to love Nevermore, and find it as life-changing as I did." The older woman smiled, reminiscing in the memories she once had here. Silence took over them before Morticia held something in her hand, looking at Wednesday. "Oh, I got you a little something." She held up a small pendant that had a W in it. "W..." she faced it down. "M... our initials. It's made of obsidian, which Aztec priests used to conjure visions. It's a symbol of our connection." Morticia handed it over to the younger girl.

Wednesday wrapped it around her hand as she looked at the W on it. "Which one of your spirits suggested this toe-curling tchotchke?" She deadpanned and Morticia's smile faded. "I'm not you, Mother. I will never fall in love, or be a house wife, or have a family."

If only she knew...

"I'm told girls your age say hurtful things, and I shouldn't take it to heart." Morticia said as she swallowed slightly, hiding the look of pain and sadness in her eyes. Wednesday glanced down at the necklace before back up at her mother.

"Fortunately, you don't have one." Morticia's smile began growing back up in her face as she looked down at her daughter.

"Finally a kind word for your mother." She said as Wednesday glanced up at her and Morticia turned around. "Lurch, the crystal ball, please." Lurch grabbed a small box and handed it over to the older woman, who took it gratefully as she looked at Wednesday. "We can't talk to you for the first week while you're settling in, so we'll call you next Sunday." She said and handed the box over to her daughter. Morticia attempted to put her hand on Wednesday's cheek and but the girl backed away slightly as the older woman sighed. She shook her head slightly before walking off the car, where they soon left.

Wednesday glanced down at the necklace before looking back up at the car that was driving away before something caught her eyes. Upon the balcony high above her, stood the beautiful light-skinned girl with dark curls as a trail smoke lingered around her. Scarlett's sunglasses covered her shiny black eyes, her feet dangled over the railing and the black-haired girl would be lying if she said she wasn't admiring her right now.

She would never fall in love... right?

——————————
A/N:
Finally another chapter!

I have so much planned for this story. Don't worry, you will be seeing a lot more of Scarsday :)