Can you believe it?

Let's assess, shall we?

Bag over my head for optimal disorientation, wrists tied tight enough to cut off circulation and no idea if I'm going to live or die.

Scarlett blinked as her eyes adjusted to the light, the bag being pulled off of hers and Wednesday's heads. Scarlett grunted when she felt the tightening grip of ropes tied around her wrists. Wednesday glanced at her, seeing the vampire take slow breaths as she eyed all the dark shadowy figures standing around them.

It's definitely my kind of party.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" A mysterious voice called out, it was scratchy and weird. Scarlett squinted her eyes as she glanced at Wednesday, who was making sure she was safe.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." Wednesday blunted, exposing the mysterious person's secret. Bianca removed her hood, and soon all the other figures filled her actions, removing their decorative masks as well.

And just like that, my hopes were dashed against the rocks of bitter disappointment. My foe was no psychotic killer. More like a bunch of high school clowns.

"Wait, I preferred you with it on." Wednesday stated into her soul, Scarlett snickering quietly as she began to wiggle her wrists through the tight ropes.

Bianca gave her a tight lipped, sarcastic smile as Xavier spoke up. "How did you get down here?"

"Rowan showed me." Wednesday glanced down. "Left pocket." She ordered and Xavier stepped forward, grabbing the paper from her pocket. He opened it up, examining it. "I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then I solved the riddle."

"Wait, there's a riddle?" Kent, the siren, asked. Scarlett looked at him, as if he were stupid. "I thought we just snapped twice."

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" Scarlett and Wednesday sarcastically commented in unison, causing them to look at each other, a small smirk on Wednesday's face.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club." Bianca claimed. "Emphasis on elite."

"We have roof parties, camp outs, the occasional midnight skinny-dip." Scarlett's roommate, Yoko, added. The vampire chuckled at her roommate's sentence.

"And Yoko's an amateur mixelogist." Divina commented.

"She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can be pretty wild." Ajax also said, Scarlett scoffing under her breath.

"I can tell." She muttered and Wednesday chuckled ever so slightly.

"Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime?" Wednesday deadpanned, her sarcastic comments made Scarlett want to laugh. "Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded." The goth girl continued, meanwhile, both her and Scarlett worked quietly to undo their own rope restraints.

"Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." Xavier explained, Wednesday glancing at him before looking at Yoko, who spoke up.

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems took the other way as long as nobody makes any waves."

"Someone like Rowan?" Wednesday questioned.

"We booted that loser last semester." Bianca stated. "Question is, what are we gonna do with them? Only members are allowed in this library." It was quiet for a moment, some of the members standing proudly that they were in some "elite" club, but Scarlett just rolled her eyes.

"I say we invite them to pledge." Xavier broke the silence, some of the members murmuring about at his suggestion. He then pointed at Wednesday and to the painting of her parents. "She is a legacy."

"After the crap they pulled in the Poe cup, there's no way in hell." Bianca snarled, "We talk about not making waves? She's a tsunami." The siren pointed at Wednesday and then looked to Scarlett. "And she's already a walking tornado."

"Just because we beat you at your own game? Let me save you the trouble. We're not interested in joining." Wednesday spoke for the both of them, Scarlett's eyes glowed as she glared at everyone in the room.

"You're seriously turning us down?" Yoko asked in disbelief.

Wednesday and Scarlett shared a look before chorusing together, "Can you believe it?" Bianca rolled her eyes, looking at Kent.

"Untie them."

Both girls removed their hands from behind their backs, holding up the ropes in their hands. "We freed ourselves five minutes ago." Scarlett said, raising a brow at Bianca who looked shocked. Wednesday stood, grabbing the paper form Xavier's hand, who willingly gave it to her. She then grabbed Scarlett's hand and began to walk out but Kent stepped in their way, trying to stop them from leaving.

"Do you want a matching black eye?" Wednesday snarled protectively to the siren boy, who's eyes widened slightly as Scarlett shoved the ropes into his chest, pushing past him with the goth girl, the two of them making their way up the stairs. Wednesday stopped halfway, looking down at them.

"It's amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name." She blunted, Scarlett following as they made their way out of the secret library. Scarlett just annoyed by that entire situation, while Wednesday was slightly disappointed that it wasn't a true kidnapping.

————————
A/N:
Scarlett when she's jealous and angry>>>
This scene was by far my favorite