chapter 2: The day it all began

Shrek pov:
My flustered face gave away my racing heartbeat. I glance away in embarrassment; his striking amber eyes look back at me piercing my soul within.

"The name's Grug by the way, short for Grugford Tortellini" said the mysterious man with a charming laugh

I pulled my hair behind my ear "what would you like sir?"

"An Americano on the go." Said Grug

"Coming right up , sir!" I said

As I brought the hot coffee towards the hot stranger . Our eyes meet for what seems like a decade ,his hand grabs the coffee but as he does his fingers linger against my own. A thousand electric currents wash over me like a wave hitting the beach on a moonless night.

"Thanks beautiful." He said with a smirk, that told me he knew just what he had done.
And walked away.

I noticed a small black case on the table. I picked it up and opened it to see who it belonged to.

Grugford Tortellini he worked at Grugford enterprise- which was the famous company of the condom industry. His wallet also contains his location to his office.

I removed my apron left a note on the counter for Hercules to see that read:
'I found one of our customers wallets will return. PLEASE DONT FIRE ME!'

.....

As I got closer to his office I carefully knocked on the glass door afraid that my non-dainty hands may shatter the door.

"Come in." He said with a stern voice.

"Hi it's Shrek from the café like 2 blocks away , you probably forgot about me. Anyways I'm here to return this ( showing the wallet) you must have left it at the café"

"Yes thank you shrek" he stated as he got up from his chair and grabbed the wallet as he grabbed my hand as well.

"Why don't we have a drink together? You passed the test." He stated with his hand still on mine.

"What do you mean?"

"It was a social experiment. I wanted to see if you would steal my wallet"he said calmly whilst on the other side of the room pouring 2 cups of water.- damn I'm glad he didn't do the gold digger experiment cause damnn this guy broke.

"I actually don't drink. So I hope water is fine plus I'm sure your job requires you to be sober?" He said playfully.

Suddenly a tall pinkish handsome man bursted into the door.It almost looked like he had just came back from watching the barbie and Oppenheimer movie.

He locked eyes with me.