01.

𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝟷𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟻
Texas, Kansas City
-

"Alice Brooks? My friends are already here-" The blonde said looking around nervously. Being 21 wasn't something she wanted to celebrate but her best friend Nya basically forced her to do so.

Walking to her table, she smiled at Nya who was sat beside Pearl from work.

" Happy birthday sweetheart- sit. This is Pearl- you know her, and- "

" David, Waldman. Happy birthday" The male cut off Nya and smiled at Alice warmly,

Alice smiled shyly while scanning the male's face which was surprisingly... Flawless. Alice's first priority in life wasn't to have a man. But there was something about his smile... Something that made her want to melt.

" Thank you," She replied before sitting beside him,

" I love your dress, it's really... Coquette. ! Nya complimented Alice who looked down at her white and light pink dress,

"Thank you, I've been wanting to wear it for months-" She admitted running her hand through her hair,

Seeing David peeking forward to see her dress, Alice moved her shoulders backward to give him a better view.

" Purity at its finest, I love it. " He said,

Compliments? It was rare of her to get some and by a man? Was this a dream?

Smiling shyly and nodding thankfully, Alice grabbed the menu and opened it creating a sort of shield. She was definitely shy,

" I was thinking, maybe you should get the number five. " Nya pointed out to Alice,

Alice looked down at the price and gasped,

"A hundred dollars? For a plate? Nya, have you gone mad? " Chuckling, she shook her head no,

As the waiter walked closer, Pearl raised her hand as she was ready to order. Nya ordered along and as it was Alice's turn, David spoke for her.

"And she will be getting the number five, thank you. "

Alice gave David a look of guilt which he denied with the shake of his head.

" It's on me birthday girl. Don't worry about it. " He smiled at her which almost brought sparkles into her eyes,

" He's just the best, isn't he? " Nya teased Alice out loud which made her roll her eyes,

" Nya!.." Sighing Alice sunk into her seat.

"I'm just buying the birthday girl dinner, Nya, you are simply jealous. " He chuckled and shot a wink towards Alice who softened up and giggled softly.

Dinner went on perfectly, Alice wasn't feeling as bored as she had expected to be. Pearl was sweet as sugar but she wasn't really talkative. But Alice still enjoyed her presence. And as for the man she had just met... He was beyond perfect.

Walking out of the restaurant, Alice lit herself a cigarette which Nya groaned about as usual.

"What? I'm trying to quit.." Alice said, which was partially true.

David snickered and took his jacket off sliding it onto Alice's bare shoulders. She sorta froze for a second and turned her head to him,

"I-"

"She appreciates it," Nya spoke for Alice giggling,

Alice sighed in relief not having to embarrass herself trying to explain she just wasn't used to any of this.

"I'm glad she does, mhhmh?" He hummed playfully pushing Alice's shoulder.

"I'm gonna need more than one drink if you want to talk about that." Alice chuckled shaking her head and dropping her cigarette in the ashtray outside.

"I'm gonna sit this one out ladies-" David spoke in a tone that was different from the one he had been using the entire night which of course made Nya frown along with the rest of the females.

"Oh come on- It's her birthday! Don't be such a dork come on" Nya groaned

" Then I'll have to say goodnight to the birthday girl- I don't drink." He said softly turning to Alice who nodded

"Of course, I would never force anyone to consume anything they don't agree to.. But I have non-alcoholic drinks at home?" Alice prayed to whatever god she could think of to get him to stay, and he was... Kind of her type. And she was way too shy to ask for a phone number anyway, so why not find a way for him to stay?

"I'd love that. Thank you" The male smiled at the blonde

"Perfect lovebirds! You can drive David to your house and Pearl and I will follow. I picked up David-" Nya said running a hand through her hair

Nodding in agreement, Alice and David began to walk toward Alice's car in silence? No way.

"So how did you meet Nya?" She asked getting into the driver's seat which forced David to get into the car.

" I give spiritual "classes" and Nya has been there since day one- and we became good friends. " He nodded buckling himself

" Oh, it's you! She keeps talking about those sessions, she really ikes them. I guess it gives her some sort of purpose-" She smiled and began to drive home.

" I'm sure you'd like it," He nodded,

Chuckling nervously, Alice shrugged a shoulder.

❛ Maybe.. But I don't want to come in last minute and-❜

❛ No it's no problem really, we're just a group of people who sit down and talk. You're not interrupting the second coming of Jesus Christ darlin, don't worry, ❜ The male chuckled which put Alice at ease.

Trying something new couldn't hurt? Right?