02

𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙨𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣

Walking inside the building, Alice bit her lips nervously glancing around. She was not only late but didn't really know where she was going; the building was so big that even a map wouldn't have been enough to guide her through it.

"Are you lost, darling?" A voice spoke up the stairs which made the blonde feel a warm feeling of comfort flowing through her body.

"I'm so sorry I'm late- I got lost and-" She spoke as she was walking closer to David.

"Apologies accepted, come on-" He offered her his hand to help her up the stairs

Alice took his hand and decided to remain silent, too embarrassed about being late to engage in any sort of conversation. She was led to the room where Nya and approximately 9 other people were sitting, Alice quickly walked to Nya and sat beside her smiling awkwardly.

" Everyone this is Alice and she'll be joining us today, please don't make her presence an excuse to be inattentive." David chuckled as everyone turned to her.

"H-hi," Smiling weirdly, Alice leaned back into her chair hoping they'd understand she wanted to be left alone.

" Feeling Christ to the core is hard, isn't it?" 

Their attention was brought back to him.

 "Thou shall believe until the believer himself stops believing! And not when you feel like the Lord has let you down because he never will and never has!"

 Approaching closer to Alice, David grabbed her hand and trapped it between his.

"And faith... Can be found anywhere. Even in the non-believers, there is always that tiny bit in each of us that wants to hang onto something. And that tiny bit of light... Can be amplified by having muses around us. Seeing and feeling somebody else's faith can lead you to so much more than you could ever think..." David let go of Alice's hands sighing and walked closer to his sort of desk where he pulled out a book. 

"The last time we saw each other.. I mentioned the Book of Truth. A book I've spent years writing for people like yourselves to read..." He spoke almost as if he wad already drained from energy.

Nya stood up along with the whole group and walked up front to get their books, Alice understood afterwards and followed. 

Grabbing the book between her hand, she turned it around looking at the back reading at the end "David Waldman".

How amazing was that?

" Thank you... " Alice whispered her eyes glued on David while she was walking

The male lifted his eyes up from his desk and smiled at Alice softly.

Oh, how she found him beautiful and flawless.

" Of course, " So easily and well-spoken,

Was Alice in awe? Of course she was, she had never met anyone like him. He was so... peaceful, full of joy, never negative. That's the life Alice wanted,

Returning to her seat, Alice began to flip the pages reading the big titles. Her eyes stopped on a particular one, 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙚. 

She almost felt a lump in her throat as she read the simple yet scary word. Closing the book as fast as she opened it, Alice then looked over at her desk neighbor on her right since she was feeling observed.

"Not a fan of marriage huh?" He laughed raising a brow

Chuckling almost as if she was embarrassed, Alice shrugged.

"It's a scary word. . . Being stuck with someone forever-"

"I agree on that- I'm Andrew Dawson," Pulling his hand towards her for her to shake which she did. 

"Alice Brooks," She uttered before returning her hand to her side. 

It was so weird for Alice, she had been seeing the same people for years, been doing the same thing for years... Maybe this was a place for her? Where she could be understood...

" As everyone knows we'll be going to Izrael in 4 months-"

"Izrael? Why?" Alice asked cutting off David who chuckled,

"Spiritual journey, you're more than welcome Alice." A warm smile forming upon his lips when his eyes met hers from afar. 

Turning to Nya for approval, the young lady nodded at Alice with a smile as wide as Alice had ever seen,

"I told the boss I had an AAA activity that lasted a week, you just have to say you're going there as well. Please Alice pleaseeeeeeeeee-" 

"We'd love for you to join us.." David added

"I- fine okay."

Maybe getting away from this place could be a good thing for Alice. Not to mention she could try to get closer to David, that was the main reason she was going obviously. And she'd never dare to admit it but she actually was interested in David's teaching. He had a way of saying things that made her want to listen to him for hours.

-

Arriving home, Alice kicked off her shoes and flopped onto the couch, she remained there for a few minutes before her thoughts pushed her to read the book David had gave her. Flipping through the pages, her attention was brought to a page with a text in bold. 

Proverbs 26:24-26

Enemies disguise themselves with their lips, but in their hearts they harbor deceit. Though their speech is charming, do not believe them, for seven abominations fill their hearts. Their malice may be concealed by deception, but their wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.

Weird, why would he write something like that?

Shaking her thoughts away, Alice began to read the " rules " of the Dauti which she guessed was the name of the religion David was teaching. 

𝙏𝙝𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙤𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙤.

What even did that mean? How can one just stand up and talk to god?

Overwhelmed, Ali closed the book and laid back on the couch sighing, what a day.