III - oddly specific

"Well, would you like to stay here? You could lay low for a little while until... whatever the hell you're on the run from stops looking for you," Phantom says.

"Is it that obvious I'm on the run?" I ask, smiling lightly.

He tilts his head, and with what I can only assume is a smirk, he nods.

"Well then. That sounds lovely." I say, without a trace of irony.

"Alright, love. If you would follow me..." He smoothly turns on his heel and starts up the stairs, and I obediently follow. I decide to ignore the nickname. For now. I'm grateful for the dim lighting that hides whatever blush might rise to my cheeks.

We continue down a series of passageways. This place is like a fucking maze, I think to myself, gazing at opulent paintings of men with skeletal facepaint, clad in pope attire.

After about five minutes of walking, I feel a tap on my shoulder. Gasping, I whirl around, and instinctively, my fist hurls at my possible attacker. My fist collides with metal and I curse.

"A feisty one. You've certainly done worse, Phantom." The apparition looks me up and down in an appraising manner. He wears a helmet similar to Phantom's, only his has white horns. 

I glare at him. "Friend of yours?" I ask Phantom.

"...No." He replies drily.

"They call me..." The man says, gesturing dramatically, "...Sodomizer."

A beat.

"Sodomizer." I deadpan.

"Yeah, Sodo for short." 

"Um, oddly specific but okay. Let me guess. You're another ghoul." I say.

"Pretty and smart?" He drawls.

"And covered in blood. Wanna be next?" My glare deepens.

"Okay...!" Phantom intervenes. "I was just going to show YN to her room. The good one." He gives the asshole named Sodo a significant look.

I don't ask what they meant by that.

Sodo shrugs his shoulders and walks off, leaving me and Phantom alone.

"Sorry about him," He says sheepishly.

"You always apologize for your friends?"

"He's special," he says ironically.

"Right, special," I drawl.

He smirks, and gently takes hold of my arm, leading me down the hallway to an ornate door with the same symbol on Phantom's necklace, which he tells me is called a grucifix. 

Curiouser and curiouser. 

"Well, here we are." He opens the door with a sweeping gesture, and I am faced with perhaps the most opulent and luxurious room I have ever seen. A crystal chandelier dripping in red and black crystals hangs from the ceiling, and the walls are lined with silver candelabras. A four poster bed with rich black coverings takes up the center of the room. Black velvet curtains with scarlet fleur de lis cover huge windows, and a grand piano with silver accents sits in the corner.

I stare, open-mouthed.