Chapter 2

I RUN UP THE CLIFF. Heaving my backpack over my shoulder; the green stems and the brown branches setting deep in my face. I know I am almost there, as I can feel the oxygen in my surroundings decreasing, making it slightly difficult for me to breath.

Shoving away the last of the bush with my hand, I take a sneak peek at one of the most debonair and ravishing scenery I have ever seen in my life.

Time slows down, letting me drink in the chirping of the exuberant birds above me, the laughing hyenas, the sky startling blue, going through the Sun and turning into darker shade of blue, ending up reddish orange. My feet swallowed in the brown muck ankle length.

Finding a dry ground for me, I settle down on the greenish grass; its color wearing away as the spokes of grass begin making their way up the ground. Breathing a sigh of relief, I take out my GPS device, contacting the manager of NASA about what u had come to acknowledge. 'Benette speaking' I hear on the other end. Peeling my eyes away from the mesmerizing view I was witnessing, I stammer,
"Sir, no report on anything, yet. It's just all right-the cliff, I mean.
There's so thing supernatural in here..."

A loud sigh on the other end. A click of a pen opening.

'Miss Isabelle, it can't be the whole world lying what they've come across...there's gotta b something!' His voice is raspy and there's a kind of awkward urgency in his voice that makes me jittery.

Another sharp breath intake. I know at that very instant. He's been drinking...the loss of his wife in a plane crash damaged him pretty bad. I feel sorry for the man..

Finding my voice, I add " I'm looking for a sign, a different view, any thing that makes me to believe there's been something going on in the cliff...I'll let u know if I get to register anything."

'Listen-' his voice cuts on the other end. I look at my Google Nexus 4..the line dropped. I dial again but there are no signals to connect me to the outside world. I know I'd have to go back down to reconnect. But I know better than that, of course.

And when just as I am about to carry on my weary journey....

A/N: sorry for the hang up, guys...I promise I'd be updating more than usual now...thanks for reading!