Chapter 19

"I was asking. That's the only thing that's in here." Samuel said

"It's for the baby. She left it before she went back home."

*The Wilson Residence*

Denzel ran to the store to pick up some things for Pauletta. Fatima walked down into the living room and seen her hunched over their living room chair.

"Mama. Are you okay?"

"I'm just trying to move him."

Fatima learned the "stomach lifting" trick from TikTok, so she did it. As soon as Pauletta felt relaxed, her water broke.

"Shit" she said

Fatima grabbed a blanket and put it on the chair so Pauletta can sit on it.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm not even in pain. Just wait til your daddy comes back. You don't have to call him."

"okay, but I'm calling T."

Fatima grabbed her phone. She called Taraji. She was already up the street, so she was pulling up by the time that she got off of the phone.

Denzel pulled up to the house. "Hey y'all - WHAT THE FUCK?! Let's go to the hospital."

"Give her a few minutes. She just got comfortable." Taraji said

Denzel walked past the chair and almost fell. Everybody started laughing. "Y'all so lucky that I'm letting y'all slide."

Fatima had the car seat and baby bag in her hand. She put it down on the couch.

"Y'all ready?" Fatima asked

"Yes" Pauletta said

They made their way to the hospital. They got her checked in. She wasn't feeling any contractions yet. The doctor came in to check her. She confirmed that she was 3 centimeters dilated.

As hours went by, her contractions started getting intense. She got the epidural at 6 CM dilated. Pauletta didn't want anybody touching her.

"You want some ice ma?" Taraji asked

Pauletta shook her head no. After a few minutes, the epidural started to kick in. Denzel was sitting right by her bed. She grabbed his hand.

"Where you get that shirt from? It's fire." Taraji asked Fatima

"Zacs clothing collection. He hasn't released them yet."

"I need one. Tell him to put them out."

"I will."

"Let my 6 weeks begin" Pauletta said

Taraji and Fatima both shook their heads. "Mama, you ain't even have the baby yet."

"Look at your daddy rubbing on me"

"I only rubbed her hand. This really how she act when y'all not around. I'm glad that y'all seeing it."

"She gets a pass. The epidural is talking for her. I think we all a little sensitive to touch when it comes to our boo."

"Right. That's how I got pregnant in the first place."

"Don't lie. I can tell you exactly how you got pregnant and what position it was." Denzel said

"My virgin ears." Taraji laughed