t w o

This better be worth my Old Fashioned.

The cowboy thought to herself as she headed full speed towards the Line, where the townsmen had told her gunshots have been heard. Taylor was much too tired to be in a civil mood once she stumbled upon whoever interrupted her peace. Sand hitting her skin along with the hot air blowing her strands of hair made her all the more annoyed.

As she approached the town limit, she could spot her housemate John, struggling to keep the outlaw under control, she saw the kicking of boots make a rise out of the dirt, a cloud of it covered them both just enough for the nearing cowboy to struggle with identifying the troublemaker. She slowed Willow down and placed her hand on her pistol, in anticipation of a struggle, taking off her hat to allow whomever she was about to gun down to see the her face of annoyance and disdain.

Taylor shouted towards John as she approached him. "Easy there John, leave a little piece for me."

"Taylor," He huffed in relief, "This poor son of a bitch thinks he can try and shoot at me for laying down the rules."

The man was on the ground, handcuffed with sand stuck to his face thanks to the sweat from the turmoil with the other cowboy. He grudgingly looked up at the woman, "A woman? Really? That's the best you got?"

Taylor scoffed as she dismounted, drawing her pistol and letting it hang by her side. She always let her silver partner in crime do the talking when boys liked to get smart with her.

"What do you think you're doing coming into my side of this piece of shit land, huh?"

The man laughed in between heavy breaths, and spat at Taylor's feet.

"Fuck you, like I'd ever tell a wannabe butch outlaw what I'm after."

Taylor laughed, drawing her pistol she crouched down to meet with the crook.

"We have a little tough cowboy here John," she used her pistol to gently brush the man's hair back. "Why don't you keep your playground insults to a minimal before I make you vulture bait, and on my way to take your leftovers to your wife, I fuck her too?"

The man swallowed and turned away to meet her gaze, Taylor's ego stroked at how she had gotten under his skin, a favorite pass time of hers.

"You wait until Kane and his Riders find out about what you're saying to me. I'm Joe, his right hand man you know. And don't you think he forgot about your little debt."

Taylor scoffed at the man's threat, tapping her gun on his temple.

"Kane sent you after something of value? Seems like he might've wanted to get rid of you, I think we can say this treasure you're after belongs to me after it crossed this line right?"

"Careful cowgirl, you know Kane doesn't play when it comes to his property."

She rolled up her sleeves as she stood up, sighing and playfully bringing up the pistol to her chin, feigning interest.

"Hm. You know, I'm not in the mood today, Joe. So why don't you tell me what you're after and I'll let them know to go easy on you when I lock you up in about twenty minutes. It's up to you really."

She was welcomed by an onslaught of laughter, her blood starting to boil and no thanks to the heat.

Joe looked up at the woman and blew her a kiss, "Why don't you make me?"

Taylor nodded towards John, signaling for him to intervene.

"Wrong answer there, bud." John crouched next to him, and gripped a bunch of the man's blonde hair, pulling him back as he gritted his teeth.