Finding a way

When given a chance to select a dialoged option, the selected one will be underlined.

Changes to normal dialogue will be in italics.

Not every dialogue will have "said, say, reply, etc." There's a lot of dialogue sorry not sorry.

POV: third person

Sans, Stelle and March 7th arrive at control panel of the elevator, March touches the panel.

But nothing happened.

"Ah. I knew it..." She mumbles

"It's broken?"

"-But it wasn't me! The Antimatter Legion must've broken it! Too bad Dan Heng's not here. He's like a walking encyclopedia... He knows a ton of complicated stuff - maybe even elevator repair..."

"I don't know that one" A voice verified, deadpanned. Stelle, March and Sans all turn towards the source of the voice.

March takes a step back exclaiming: "Woah! Why are you here!? ...and how did you here before us?"

"I took another route to the upper level, and I saw you guys from up there." He explained, continuing, "Arlan is in the control room. He's been injured, but not fatally."

"You found him! Will he know what to do about this elevator?"

"I suppose as the head of the Security Department, he should know."

"Then let's go talk to him!" March suggests, hopeful.

The 4 of them travel up to find Arlan, hoping he would know how to fix the elevator.

-------------------------------------

Upon arriving, they spot Arlan and walk towards him.

"Hey... You're all together?" Arlan asks, apprehensive.

"Yep, we're from the Astral Express~"

"Oh... Did Madam Herta send you to help?" He calms down slightly.

"It's just a coincidence. We came to deliver the rare relic Herta trusted us to find... We didn't expect to arrive during an invasion." Dan Heng clarifies.

"Why is the Antimatter Legion targeting you guys? It seems they just ignore the surface of the planet and came straight to the space station." March commented.

"I... have no idea. The Legion came at a very suspicious time - almost right after the security system suddenly failed." Arlan explained, unsure of what was happening.

"Lady... Lead Researcher Asta immediately began to organize the evacuation. I was supposed to cover everyone as they evacuated, but... I didn't expect to end up failing in this task." He stammers, embarrassed and guilty.

"Don't be too hard on yourself. Your leg and dominant hand were injured. It was a wise decision to hide here and avoid a head-on encounter with the Legion."

"Yeah! Most of the staff have been evacuated safely, so right now our highest priority is to return to the master control zone and plan a counterattack! So... do you know how to use the elevator? I couldn't start it..."

"After the evacuation was complete, the elevators were all shut down to keep the Legion away from the master control zone." Arlan clarified. "Since Lady Asta sent you here to look for me, I assume she must've given you the encryption key for accessing the elevator system?" He guessed.

"Oh, right, she did give me some sort of card..."

"...March..." Dan Heng gave her a "are you serious" looking like he, wanted to face palm. Sans chuckled, shaking his head.

"But where did I put it..."

"You..." Arlan starts, anxious that she lost it.

"Ah! Here it is!" March reassured, a happy expression on her face.

Dan Heng couldn't help himself, he facepalmed: "I..."

Stelle just looked down, silently holding back her laughter. Sans, however, right out laughed at March's forgetfulness. "H-Hey! not funny..." March stammers, embarrassed.

After recovering, March activates the panel that Arlan told her to touch.

"Hold on. I only activated the elevator on the highest floor. We'll have to go there to use it." Arlan explained.

"Why? It's so far away"

"Because I mustn't give the Legion any chance to reach the master control zone by the elevator. I must ensure the safety of the station's staff. So I'll have to trouble you to take a bit of a detour... Apologies." Arlan reasons, looking slightly guilty.

"Huh? You're not coming with us?" March asks, curious.

My leg is injured... I'd only slow you down. I'll stay here and shut down the elevator once you've made it to the master control zone."

"You won't slow us down. And you should be able to shut down the elevators from the master control zone, right?"

"Agreed. Stelle, Sans and I made it here safely, and now we've also got Dan Heng. We're more than enough to protect you~ Let us worry about the Antimatter Legion. You just follow us and keep yourself alive~"

"You can use me as a crutch."

"Heh, great thinking kid. I didn't think you were supportive." Sans grinned, a pun was hidden in his words.

"A pun? Ah... Please don't, I don't think now's the time..." Dan Heng prompted, not really wanting to hear more puns. The play of words just wasn't his thing.

"Thank you..." Arlan mutters, smiling slightly at the pun. It had certainly lifted his mood slightly.

The group steeled themselves, ready to make their way to the elevator.

Author's note

Hi! March is so forgetful lol. I do like her though, great character! Reminds me of a certain item... I had to add a pun. I hope it makes sense.

What path do you guys think Sans would take? I'm thinking Erudition or Nihility? I'm siding to nihility, ice?

I decided I will post twice today. It's a special occasion today in my country. ;D So, holidays!

Anyways see you guys next chapter.