2

Pt. 2
Oaklyns pov

Once again I wake up to my phone blaring. Turning over I already know who it is. "Yes mommy" I say groggily. "Oaklyn you can't keep doing this it's 2:35 in the afternoon, don't you have work?" My eyes widen as I turn over and look up at my clock on the wall realizing she's right.

Everyday I have a few chores that I have to follow through considering I split them with my brother. I make dinner before work on the weekends, I walk the dogs & I do dishes. My dad gets upset when their not done and most times I end up doing my brothers chores.

Today I don't have enough time so I just take out leftovers and a pizza for my brother, my dad & I. I tell my mom I'll call her back and I go straight to making coffee. About 15 minutes later I have my work clothes ready and I go to wake my brother up. Little shit doesn't get up till 6 in the afternoon...

I shake his arm and tap his face before I say "hey wake up haze" he stirs but settles and I realize he's probably not going to get up. "Haze" I say louder and he jumps up. "What, what, why the fuck are you yelling so early in the morning" he mumbles. "If you consider 2:56 in the afternoon early your a sociopath " I retort. He looks at me and rolls his eyes "I've done worse" he says in a duh tone.

"Get up I need to take a shower and go to work, here drink this" I say and hand him my cup of ice coffee. He drinks about a quarter of my huge cup & pushes it back to me. I take that as an ok to go shower.

About 18 minutes later I'm done with my shower and I book an Uber because Riley hasn't been answering me. I go to tell my brother I'm about to leave and the first this I see is him flat on his stomach snoring. "Hazeee" I boom. He jumps up " I woke you up 30 minutes ago you dumbass, I need to leave for work and I need you to lock the door let's go" I say and walk out his room and head to the door hearing his footsteps following me. My dog follows me outside and jump down the steps and straight for the Ubers car.

I call out to my dog and she continues to run around like a mad woman. I get In the Uber and put down my stuff telling the random man to wait a moment and I get her in the house and walk back to the car.

When I get in I'm immediately hit by a strong scent of weed. The man pulls out my driveway and halfway there he looks at the blunt he's been hitting and looks into the review mirror and asks me if the smell bothers me. I shake my head and tell him he's good. We make conversation about uber-ing and cars throughout the 5 minute drive to my job. When we get there I thank him and tell him to have a nice day.

I head in and wave at the coworkers that notice me as I clock in. 5 minutes later the same Uber driver walks out from the bathrooms and comes to order. I take his order and tell him thank you again.

The day goes by pretty fast until 8:00 hits. The day mainly consisted of me talking to my coworkers and I guess what you can call the closest thing I have to a best friend, Zaiden. He's 24 and I'm 17 so you see why our coworkers and managers think we're dating or fucking.

I don't... I've told him and them on multiple occasions that he's not my type but the never seem to get it though. When 8:15 comes around it's time for my break. Me and my other favorite coworker Tallia go to the back and eat while we talk.

I tell her about my dad and his "women" and she tells me I shouldn't worry about it and if it comes down to it I shouldn't have to chose a side. Our conversation shifts when she tells me she needs an excuse to go home, so me being me, I brainstorm with her and we laugh and come up with one.

When I clock back in my manager tells me to do my least favorite thing. Clean Lobby... who knew fast food restaurants were so dirty.

I call my dad and ask him if he can pick me up and he tells me to catch an Uber and I unhappily oblige. I let my mom know and I start to finish up my tasks. About 5 minutes later I head to the restrooms and change out of my work clothes, my phone dings in my pocket letting me know that my Ubers almost here. I let my coworkers and my manager know I'm leaving, I clock out and head to the Uber.

I get in the front seat, get comfortable and turn to greet my Uber driver not expecting the piercing green eyes that stare back at me.

I scan his face in the low light that highlights his features and he seems to do the same. Heat goes straight to my core and I blink a couple times to regain my senses. "Hello" I mumble still in awe of the man sitting across from me. "Oaklyn I presume?" His deep voice gets out.

I nod my head and take my eyes off him for a moment feeling hot. He's hot. Unbelievably hot, I think to myself. He seems to snap out of his trance and starts the car but not before looking at me again. I decide to break the unexpectedly heavy sexual tension suddenly suffocating me.

"So how'd you start ubering?" I turn to him and ask. He turns out of the plaza and starts for my house. He clears his throat and licks his bottom lip. My eyes follow his every move. His arm flexes. "I started when I dropped out" he says. "Oh, how old are you?" I ask. " I'm 22" he says and looks at me. "You?" He continues.

My breathing picks up but I manage to swallow the lump in my throat and mumble "17". He smirks and turns down the road. "So what's a pretty girl like you doing working at Burger King?" He murmurs as he looks at me again. "The lifestyle I want is expensive" I say and shrug, hoping to shake off all this fucking sexual tension.

"And what kind of lifestyle is that?" He asks. His voice comes out a few octaves deeper and I flinch a little as I get hotter. " A lifestyle where I do what I want and go where I want without having to worry about money" I turn and say to him as he stops at the stoplight. He turns to me and our faces are unexpectedly close.

I look into his eyes for a moment and we move closer as if in sync. As our lips touch we hear a car honk at us and he turns and drives onto the road that leads to my house. He does something unexpected and he pulls over to the side of the road and turns to me. "Tell me you feel what I feel" he murmurs. I look into his beautiful green eyes scanning them as if it'll tell me the right answer.

I come to the conclusion that I'm fucking crazy because the next thing I do is kiss him.

God I'm so fucked...

A/N: Oh? I know you guys are wondering why one of the hashtags say slow burn. It may be a slow burn love story but I'm not so sure about sex wise...

Much love, amber <3