Chapter 2 (restless)

🥼🔮

The human took Jungkook to the clinic, showing him where he could sit down. The boy that impersonated death looked rather nervous. He couldn't communicate well with Gods, let alone humans.

The only thing that calmed him down was the arrival of Nyx. He could see that outside the window, the human world did not shine as bright as before. And so came the night.

Nyx's home is beyond the country of Atlas, in the far West, beyond the Pillars of Hercules, where it was believed that the world ended and there was only Darkness, the Night. That's why Jungkook never met her, because unlike other Gods, she didn't live in the Olympus.

But she is a primordial deity. That's why there is a rumor that suggested that even Zeus was afraid of her. So she exiled her.

The human stared at his face, his brows were furrowed, and his caramel eyes looked sad. "What's your name, angel?" The human asked, putting sterilized gloves on.

Jungkook wanted to laugh at his face. Being called an angel was new for him. He looked like death, not like angels. "Jungkook..."

The doctor smiled. "Nice to meet you Jungkook, I'm doctor Kim Taehyung. I'm going to put this ointment on your bruise, is that alright? It is a bit cold, so you might feel discomfort at the beginning."

Jungkook nodded. The doctor started his treatment, and Jungkook couldn't help but notice that the doctor had a tiny dot under his left eye. He felt the urge to remove the dot, thinking that something must have dirtied him.

Jungkook knew nothing but perfection, so he was surprised that human skin could have dots. The doctor's fingertips were light as feathers while he put the ointment, and Jungkook could feel getting better right away.

"Doctor Kim, you have something under your eye..." Jungkook said, tracing the little dot on his doctor's face. Taehyung widened his eyes, immobilized for a few seconds.

Taehyung felt like his heart stopped. "It doesn't go away...why is that? Why does that happen?"

The doctor then chuckled, a boxy grin showing. "It's a mole, Jungkook. It's part of my skin, that's why it doesn't go away."

Then, as a matter of fact, the doctor noticed that the boy's skin was flawless. It didn't have any moles, and his complexion was really pale. It reminded him of the color of the moon.

Jungkook hummed, and kept scanning the doctor's face. He noticed he had more little dots.

The doctor finished the treatment, removing his gloves. "We are done for today, Jungkook. Please come back tomorrow, so I can reapply the ointment."

Jungkook saw how the doctor was trying to find the right words to say to him. He hesitated, before speaking his mind. "Is everything alright? This is a hospital, and a safe place. If there is something, or someone, that is bothering you, I can help you, do you understand?"

The doctor saw Jungkook for who it was. In the doctor's eyes, it was clear that he was a victim of abuse. He was unhealthy pale, bruised on his cheek, various cuts on his neck area. He looked malnourished, and he couldn't even think about the fact that he certainly had more bruises under his clothes.

And then, his eye bags. He looked like someone who was more dead than alive.

And yet, the doctor couldn't understand why he looked like the most beautiful person he saw in 28 years of living. He looked ethereal, just like a God.

Yet, his eyes looked lifeless.

"You don't need to be scared, I can take you to the police station, and introduce you to a really competent psychologist, it just looks like...you're not alive." The doctor said, taking Jungkook's hands into his own.