"I had a great conversation with Tae yesterday," she said excitedly, her eyes shining like glitter. "And guess what? Mrs. Lee, our dance teacher, made us dance partners. You and Jimin are dance partners, right?"

I nodded in agreement. "Yes, Mrs. Lee told Jimin to choose his dance partner himself, so he chose me. By the way, what song are you performing to?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," she teased, a mischievous grin playing on her lips.

"Oh, come on. I know you're performing to 'Shape of You,'" I said confidently. "It's your favorite song, and you've always wanted to perform it."

Her eyes widened in shock. "How did you know?" she asked.

"I just know you well," I replied with a smile. "But what about your dance partner? Have you decided which song to perform to?"

She raised an eyebrow, clearly suspicious. "Which song is yours?" she asked, trying to change the subject.

"Uh, we haven't decided yet," I lied, not wanting to ruin the surprise. "I mean, we're still figuring it out."

As the class started, I apologized once again for not being able to take her to India, hoping to make it up to her in some way.

TIME SKIP

The day had been incredibly dull and uneventful, and I had decided to head home early with Jimin. As we reached home, Mrs. Park greeted us and asked why we were back so early. Jimin responded by saying that he was feeling a bit tired, and I had decided to come back home with him. Mrs. Park then offered to feed us, and I had accepted her kind offer.

After changing into a comfortable pair of black sweatpants and a black t-shirt, I headed up to the rooftop to get some fresh air. As I sat there, my mind drifted to thoughts of my parents. I had regretted asking them for new clothes, and a tear had slipped from my eyes.

Tears were streaming down my face when I felt someone sit down beside me. I quickly tried to compose myself and saw that it was my friend Jimin. He had noticed my distress and offered me some comfort by saying that he knew it wasn't my fault, even though I had overheard everything he had said earlier.

I explained to him that I was feeling very homesick and missing my parents terribly. Jimin pulled me into his embrace, and I cried my heart out, soaking his shirt with my tears. Despite the situation, we both laughed, which helped to ease the tension.

Then, Jimin reminded me that it's natural to feel upset when we lose someone we love, but we can't keep crying forever. He had been through a similar experience before, and he knew how hard it could be. His words were comforting, and I felt grateful to have such a caring friend by my side.