Tiresome.

Enraged at this point, this floating abomination of old just telling Edith to go check the door when she had been yelling at her for the past thirty minutes. Gaal knew that no human could see her especially when she was made of so many fringing species.

"What does that have to do with any-"

Edith was interrupted by a knocking at the door, looking down the hallway towards the noise. Then there was a loud cackle behind her, Edith whipped back around back too look at the mirror where she had last seen the horned heathen, but she wasn't there she probably went to the door herself. Edith looked in the mirror for a second; she looked about twenty or nineteen, with greased back short copper hair with a streak of reddish-pink in it. Looking away from the mirror and her unfinished clothing choice: this was a grey T-shirt and ripped jeans. With an exhausted sigh Edith composed herself unclenching her fist as she stalked over to the door. As expected Gaal was already there her head stuck through the wall looking at whomever it was on the other side. The back side of her pale blue and transparent ghostly body that showed off her aged but thankfully human bones, which was rather unnerving at times Edith had to admit.

"Move your boney ass," Edith grumbled, reaching her hand for the handle.

"Sure Honey buns," Gaal cackled again and Edith just gave her a sideways glare as Gaal backed away from the door. Edith could see her skull, her dual pair of arched horns on either side of her head, her unicorn horn in the front, and her dragon spikes down her spine,  transparent blue lips in front of her twenty-four sharp canines with a Cheshire smile. Gaal's laugh was the worst part; it was like that villain laugh that everyone wanted, but it gets really annoying after what felt like thousands of years of it, or try your whole life. "Have fun explaining this one shouty," Gaal crossed her arms in front of her ribs, then giving Edith some space from the door again, when backing up though she didn't have legs it was just like a genie without a bottle type deal.

"What did you do this time Gaal?" Edith growled, looking back at the ghost.

"Heh, it's not what I did Dearie," her smirk grew wider and Edith, fed up with Gaal's behavior just opened the door slowly then turned to look out. At the door was a pair of casually dressed humans, one was a woman in her twenties, she definitely had the newbie look to her, the other was an older man with a few gray hairs whom was the one to speak first.

"Hello Miss Arkwright, my name is Jared and my associate is Kale. We are from the neighborhood watch and we have a few questions," oh shiiiiit, the man Jared was definitely not a rookie he was looking Edith right in her eyes, which would normally be grey, but she had her brown contacts in, so with luck he didn't see her instant of panic.

"Oh calm down Cutie, just nod then answer his questions"

Edith heard Gaal's voice behind her, sure Gaal was a prick and tormented Edith through her childhood, but at times she came through.

Edith took a breath through her nose and nodded at the man, "um, is this a survey for the whole neighborhood mister Jared?" Edith asked a bit shakily, but otherwise calmly. Jared shook his head he opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by his little blonde friend kale.

"No, we got a call about a lot of yelling, and I mean like, a lot something about peas floating and- "

"Kale." Jared interrupted Kale with a stern voice, he only said her name, but with that voice it sounded like he just gave her an hour lecture and she felt it by her jump and look of momentary shock on her face, "Just take notes," Jared said with a warning in his tone. She nodded her head hurriedly, and sloppily took out her pen and paper, dropping some pens on to the ground then picking them up quickly as well, then finally standing up and waiting for him to continue.